Chapter Eight

Regina followed Madame Zabini and her daughter, Azure Zabini, through the Floo by Diagon Alley.

"We are heading to Twilfit and Tattings for the formal wear, dears. Let's hurry along."

Regina found herself thinking on the irony of this. Before her life as Regina, she had never really had fine expensive clothing, like a high-quality dress robe, certainly not as Harry Potter. But as Regina Fawley, she was quickly learning life of having nothing but fine expensive clothes. Azure and Madame Zabini led the way along Diagon Alley while Regina followed right on their feet. They walked into a fancy store with lots of different styles of dresses.

Madame Zabini took the lead. "This is my daughter Azure. And this is Regina Fawley. We are buying gowns for the Malfoy Ball on Boxer Day. We would love some help."

A short, squat which who introduced herself as Isabel bowed. "It would be my honor to help you, ladies."

The three ladies moved into the fitting room where measurements were being taken. The four of them chatted while measurements were taken. Once that was done, each of them took turns looking at dress designs and colors. In the end, she chose a blue dress that was sleeveless and went down to her ankles. It was ribbed on both sides and gave the illusion of a young feminine figure. She chose Mary Janes of the same color for her shoes.

Azure chose a red dress, also sleeveless. It flowed all the way down to the ground. She got red Mary Janes to go with them.

Madame Zabini just had to go black dress, showing ample cleavage, and a slit coming down between the legs, just before the hip. She had five inch black high heels.

From there, Madame Zabini led them to jewelry. Of course, Madame Zabini got a long gold necklace that would reach down where the slit in the front of her dress was. She bought bright gold bangled earrings. She had some chunking bracelets as well.

Azure kept it simple with no necklace, but had a few bracelets on her arm.

Regina bought hooped earrings, a simple gold chain for a necklace and no bracelets.

Afterwards, Madame Zabini took them to a café for a warm Cappuccino. After shopping most of the day, they returned home by the Floo.

"It was a pleasure to shop with you, Regina," Madame Zabini said. "I look forward to your visit late on Christmas Day."

Regina smiled for her and her friend. "I am excited. I can't wait for the celebration."

Then, Regina went to the Floo, said, "Fawley Manor," and was home.

+ + + +

The next day, Niles came with a large package. "It's my dress for the ball," Regina shouted.

"Make sure you hang it up carefully in your wardrobe, Regina," her grandmother Ethel shouted.

"Yes, Grandmother."

Regina went upstairs to try it on.

Her dress robes were that bright aqua blue, ribbed down her front and back, without sleeves. She put on the simple gold chain over her head. Then, she put the hooped earrings on. Then, she walked downstairs to show her grandmother.

"You are going to have to make sure you get a picture of yourself before you leave for that ball, my dear," she said.

When Regina was done modelling it for her grandmother and grandfather, she sadly put it back on its hanger and into its package.

Christmas came and went. Regina received some beautiful gifts. She got a silver bracelet from Jillian. She got a book on mastering potions from Gale. She got earrings from Azure. She got a book on fashion from Rose. She also got chocolate frogs from Joshua Goldstein. She would have to make sure to send him a gift next year.