Chapter Sixteen

At a dirty table in a hidden room in a Muggle bar sat three cloaked figures. Each of them cradled a small glass of what appeared to be whiskey in their hands.

"It isn't good out there for any of us –" a woman's voice with a red hood spoke to the other two voices. "I was able to get to my parent's house a week ago. I obliviated them and suggested that they move to Australia. They are gone, but I nearly didn't make it out."

Another voice in a dirty brown hood shook his head. "I saw our house burning. It is a good thing Bill had his wedding privately out of the country. It hurt mum to know end that she couldn't see it, but it really was for the best.

The last grey hooded figure sighed. "My grandmum is dead. She held the Manor for two weeks until they broke in. I used a portkey to get out and meet you guys here. But what is next?"

The leader appeared to be the young woman in the red hood. "We have to keep moving. The radio resistance will try to keep us up to date, but we can't dare be together for too long."

"But what about what Professor Dumb –" the brown hooded one started to say, but

"Shut it –" the woman in the red hood silenced him hard. "Don't say his name. The radio resistance said that three names are under a taboo."

"Yeah," said the grey hood. "If you say the former Headmaster's name, the BWL's name, or You-Know-Who's name, they can find you."

The one in the brown hood said. "But was he right about Fawley?"

The one in the red hood shook her head. "I just don't know. It doesn't seem possible. We all saw him, dead. Now, the Headmaster insists that he found a way around death."

The one in the brown hood said. "They are saying that Prof –"

"Shh," said the one in the grey hood. "Don't say his name."

Yeah, yeah –" he continued. "They are saying that he was losing his marbles there anyway. Fawley would be too well guarded. Da said before the Fall that when her grand-dad died, Fawley had firmly aligned herself with the Dark Families and the Malfoys in the Wizengamot. That is a complete dead end."

"We got to do something –" the one in the grey hood said.

"I wish I knew where we could find the Headmaster and others –" the woman in the red hood said.

"Do you think it will be safe to go back to school?" The grey hood said.

"That's under You-Know-Who's control now, and any Muggleborn will not be safe there. You might be, but it won't be easy for you. I'm a Muggleborn, and he is what they call a Blood-traitor. We are undesirables."

+ + + +

A young lady in white blond hair down to her shoulders, wearing a colorful strapless dress walked the corridor of the Ministry for a meeting with her solicitor. Her solicitor was meeting with Lucius Malfoy himself to decide her future.

"Good morning, Heir Fawley," the bureaucrat behind the desk at the Ministry said.

"Good day to you," Regina said with a smile. She presented her wand for inspection and when that was done it was returned to her.

"You will be on the Minister's floor, room fifteen. Go straight ahead until you get to the Elevator. Remain on the elevator until the second last floor. Walk ahead until you get to security. You will enter the door before the masked security."

Regina nodded. "Thank you, Sir." She collected her wand and let the tips of her heels clack as she walked down the halls of the Ministry. A man in a red suit held the elevator door open for her along with several others as she filled it and the elevator began its descent.