Chapter Twenty-Three

Regina and Jillian stood before the five third year students Regina and Professor Snape had discussed. Gryffindor Henry Jones, Peter Clearwater, a Ravenclaw, Thomas Little, a Hufflepuff, Gideon Flint, a Slytherin, and Alicia Warrington another Slytherin made up the class.

Regina nodded to Jillian who after a few days was already acting like her normal self.

"The Dark Arts," Jillian began, "Are like the Light arts in many ways, but the two have a parallel. For instance the Light Arts use your will. Can anyone tell me what the Dark Arts use?"

Clearwater's hand shot up in the sky, but Jillian ignored him. Regina smirked. She felt that Jillian was an excellent teacher. Jillian called on the quiet Hufflepuff.

"Little," she said.

"Um-" he said.

Regina narrowed her eyes at him.

"Crucio-" she shouted, pointing her wand at the Hufflepuff.

Suddenly Tom Little fell to the ground and started to twitch violently on the ground. Regina held him on the curse for thirty seconds and then released it.

Jillian snorted. "Anyone not want to answer the question?"

Everyone else's hand went into the air. Finally, Jillian called on Alicia Warrington.

"The Dark Arts rely on our passions, while the Light Arts rely on our will."

"Five points to Slytherin," Jillian replied.

Jillian continued. "Several charms are either light or dark by their natures. If you use the charm and the right motion, you are able to do a spell, but if you charge it with your passions, they are different."

She turned to Regina and pointed her wand.

She turned the wand intricately and said, "Flippendo," and Regina was pushed back.

Regina smiled and cleaned her clothes then stepped forward.

"Now," she said, "I will use my passion."

"Flippendo!" Regina flew backwards, and nailed into the wall. But Regina didn't bang her head, using a cushioning charm to protect herself.

"Next, each of you will pair up and practice the charm and then the jinx." Jillian stated.

Regina and Jillian walked among the students as they practiced. Little slowly started to sit up, but was not allowed to participate. When the class was nearly over, Jillian stated. "Each of you is to write an essay on the passions necessary to use the Knockback Jinx, the Oppugno Jinx, and the Revusion Jinx. Write the differences when using the motions rather than your emotions. It is due on Friday. Dismissed." Then Jillian opened the room.

Regina said quietly and smoothly, "Little," she said, "you will stay."

Little remained shivering behind while everyone else left the room. When it was just Regina, Jillian, and Tom Little, Regina spoke.

"Everything discussed in this class is covered in the reading assigned beforehand." Regina stared at him. "You will read the required reading and you will be prepared to answer every question. If there is trouble, you will tell me ahead of time. Am I being clear?"

Little nodded.

"Get out of here!" Regina said.

Thomas Little literally ran outside of the room.

Regina took a deep breath and walked over to Jillian. "Take my hand, Jillian," she told her with a smile.

Jillian took Regina's wand arm and touched it. She smiled as Regina's fingers grasped her fingers. She licked her lips.