Chapter Thirty

Regina and Jillian were showing everyone their jewelry in the Common Room that first night back. They had both been the talk of the Daily Prophet, and everyone wanted to see what they had been up to. Regina's time with Draco Malfoy had dominated the Daily Prophet up to New Year's. Regina had been plastered on the front page along with Draco. They were being hailed as the Wizarding Couple of the Year. The next day – after their visit with the Zabinis – they had been spotted at the premier Wizarding Ballet Company's play.

Jillian had picked up where that left off, dominating the New Year. She had been seen in a warm woolen coat on the arm of Blaise Zabini at a Holy Head Harpies game in the main box. She had traveled with Blaise to their Italian villa for a few day – without Blaise's mother of course. Jillian was getting as much attention as Regina thanks to that visit.

Sadly, Jillian knew that with the Daily Prophet tomorrow the sad news of Blaise's mother's passing would hit the paper the next day. There would be sorrow and concern for Jillian, and some suspicion from the one or two Gryffindors in their year who still dared to whisper it.

It wasn't really that bad when the Owls brought the Daily Prophet. The Article mentioned Madam Zabini's passing in the obituaries. It seems that Lucius Malfoy's reach almost made it to the Daily Prophet. The death was completely being spinned as natural causes. Blaise and Jillian had had nothing to worry about, just as Draco had said.

Regina and Jillian were busy. They still had the reputation to uphold as the number one and two students of not just 6th year but all of Hogwarts. Jillian had just surpassed Eleanor Branstone, a 7th year with her grades. She was still a ways behind Regina. With this first Newt year coming to a closer the Professors drove them hard with Essays and tests and complicated Potions.

Regina and Jillian each were also going through the complicated process of bringing the Unforgivables into their Dark Arts classes at this point. Regina always had to stroke and maneuver emotions to get the queasy lighter witches and wizards to cast the spell. Jillian got them as Intermediates able to cast the spell, but she focused on the intensity and power that went into the Imperius and Cruciatus. She really had to coax the hate out for that.

So, it was a stress reliever to get to climb into the carriage together for Hogsmeade. Regina and Jillian had the carriage alone. They didn't have Graham or Malcom to attend with them anymore. Those two were working hard at courting their year mates. But few felt worthy in the presence of Slytherin's Ice Queen or its Fire Queen for that matter as Jillian was coming to be known. Her red flaming hair, flamboyant and fiery teaching style was becoming legendary.

As the carriage made its way into Hogsmeade Regina could see Draco and Blaise standing at the outskirts waiting for their carriage. The two girls in fine dresses, with wool coats over them and their jewelry squeezed each other's hands excitedly. Then, Draco and Blaise each smoothly stood before the door. Blaise held it open as first Jillian came down, he graciously held her hand and took her arm. Draco took Regina's arm next.

Then, the four parted for a time. Jillian and Blaise went to Scriveners for quill supplies that Jillian needed. Draco took Regina to the bookstore.

"How is Hogwarts without me?" Draco asked.

Regina laughed lightly. "It is lacking in style and class for sure –"she said with a laugh and tapped his arm. "Jillian and I can only do so much for the rest of the rabble."

Draco held the door for Regina and she marveled at how well he looked in the 3-piece suit he wore for the ministry. She walked past him brushing her tight black turtleneck dress against him. She was looking at a few of the darker books in the store – nothing too dark was allowed for easy public consumption. Then, Draco came up behind her and wrapped his arm around her. She rest her head back against him and pecked his cheek and gave him a smile.

"Careful, dear," she said. "I'm sure the tabloids are here and are looking for a chance to get us in a compromising position –"

Draco whispered in her ear. "I'm the Minister's liaison to the Daily Prophet. They will show me the whole paper before I approve it –"

Regina wiggled back into him. "Well, in that case then, please don't be careful," she drawled.

But it was just playful. The courtship process was not just about getting to see if they were compatible but about getting the Wizarding Society willing to accept them. And they were taking Draco Malfoy and Regina Fawley, hook, line, and sinker. Rita Skeeter had gushed eloquently that the two blondes looked perfect together. Others had talked about the possible children. Regina felt it was a little overdone, but understood.

So, the couple walked arm-in-arm to the very finest Hogsmeade had to offer.

"Blaise and I had to duel to see who got the right to take their date here," Draco said as he held the door open for her.

Regina giggled. "It is a good thing for you that you didn't lose," she replied. Their warm-natured banter continued throughout dinner. Regina felt quite natural with Draco – as she always had even when he was engaged to Pansy. She thought for a brief moment a Harry Potter thought – me with a Malfoy? But that thought didn't stick. Regina's personality was firmly in control now. "Why not with the very best bachelor? " She thought to herself. "I am the very best bachelorette."

Regina took Draco's arm for a walk through Hogsmeade's park. Draco led her to a bench and sat down next to her.

"Regina-"he started. "I don't wish to speak ill of the dead, but I want you to know that I am really glad that I am courting you. I find you intelligent and smart. I feel that you are a match and maybe even more for me."

Regina broke into a smile. "I thought at one point to being on your arm – " She rested her head gently on his shoulder. She felt out of the corner of her eye the flash of a picture. That was probably going to be the picture for the Daily Prophet.

When the walk was done, Draco led her to the Three Broomsticks. There they enjoyed the company of Blaise and Jillian as well.

On the way back from Hogsmeade Jillian and Regina snuggled close to each other – making sure to do so after Blaise and Draco were out of sight, of course.

Regina leaned over to Jillian. "I am so horny," she said, "I think we should run to the Room of Requirement."

Jillian reached her hand inside of Regina's robe. "Maybe," she whispered, "I can help you out before we get there."

Regina tipped her head back as Jillian slowly dropped down to kiss her. Regina's legs started to spread as Jillian pushed two fingers inside. A soft moan escaped Regina's lips. Jillian pushed her fingers in farther and moved themselves around in a circle. Regina relaxed as Jillian continued to finger her. Regina was barely finished moaning when the carriage was stopped in front of Hogwarts.

A quick scourgify from her girlfriend had her cleaned up. The two graciously left the carriage and walked up to the Room of Requirement. Regina could feel the horniness of her friend. A large bedroom awaited them inside.