Chapter Ten

Regina Fawley was sitting outside on the Scottish highlands with her best friend, Jillian MacDougal. They were enjoying the warm days of summer around Jillian's birthday. They were drinking tea and chatting about the happenings around Hogwarts and in the Magical world in the one year that they had been involved in it.

Things had become very interesting recently. With Dumbledore's removal as Headmaster and his removal as Chief Warlock, there were investigations going into his handling of several items. Articles were coming out from the Daily Prophet, questioning everything. It questioned his role in the first wizarding war. He always seemed to be butting himself in with the Minister of Magic and the Aurors, but never actually helped fight He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. It had come out – thanks to a heads up from Peter Pettigrew that he had had a heavy hand in forcing the Potters to go under the Fidelius rather than leaving the country like Lily had wanted to do when the Dark Lord found out about the prophecy.

It had come to light through investigation that it was Dumbledore who had put Harry Potter with the Dursleys even with the knowledge that those Muggles were cruel and abusive. Some of the things that were discovered he had turned a blind eye to brought new light to the Boy Who Lived. Many wondered if his psychological issues were due to being hit in the head too many times by magic hating Muggles.

It was learned that in his position as Chief Warlock he had not provided for a trial for Sirius Black – even though everyone just assumed he was guilty. When Delores Umbridge had finally made her way into the Headmaster's office, there was shock over just how much obsession Albus Dumbledore seemed to have over one said Harry Potter.

All of this had come out in the Daily Prophet in the weeks that followed the end of the school year. Should Dumbledore ever come out of hiding there was no way he could make it in politics or teaching ever again.

What was really curious was the class lists for Jillian and Regina's second year.

"It appears we will have some major changes at Hogwarts this year," Regina told her friend.

"That is an understatement." She agreed. "While there won't be any Professor Umbridge, there will still be plenty of changes."

Griselda Marchbanks was named Headmistress in the interim of Hogwarts.

McGonagall was out as Transfiguration teacher and Deputy Headmistress. She was replacd by Thorfinn Rowle.

Professor Sprout was remaining as Herbology. Professor Sprout would now be Deputy Head Mistress.

Professor Sinistra remained at Astronomy.

Professor Snape was moving from Potions to Defense against the Dark Arts.

Professor Slughorn was coming out of retirement to teach Potions.

A young Graham Montague was just hired on to teach Charms.

There were other changes as well. Oliver Wood was coming to be flying instructor. Grubbly-Plank was returning as Care for Magical Creatures.

"I think that learning can actually happen at school now rather than politics and adventures," Regina told her friend.

+ + + +

The rest of the summer was eventful, but quiet for Regina. It was spent as a child's summer vacation should be spent, in relaxation and in time with friends. She spent a week at Gale Weatherby's house. She also had Azure Zabini at her home for a week as well.

It was at the end of July when the terrible news hit the Daily Prophet: two outstanding business leaders of Diagon Alley were kidnapped, Garrick Ollivander and Florean Fortescue.