Chapter Thirty-Four

Regina walked hand in hand with Draco through the streets of Paris. It was her first official visit to the city, and it had been everything she had dreamed. Draco had taken her to some of the finest restaurants, to the museums, and she had climbed the Eiffel Tower. But what struck her the most amazing was the Christmas lights that decorated the fashion capital of both the Muggle and Wizarding worlds.

It was a cool Paris evening as they strolled under a moonlit sky. It was truly their only time together in Paris. Regina had taken a special Floo from London to get here to meet Draco on a last day of his trip for the Ministry to Paris. He would be Flooing back tomorrow. She would remain behind at a Manor that she had purchased and sent her House Elf, Niles to work on.

Regina was lost in the beauty of the moment and her own thoughts, that she didn't at first notice Draco separate from, and kneel in front of her along the walk. She looked down in time to see a very large diamond on a golden band with emerald serpents adorning the ring. Her mouth dropped open as she began to hear Draco speak.

"Regina," he began, "It has been a great pleasure to work with you throughout the years, first at Hogwarts and then in the Ministry with my Father and our Lord. When Pansy died, your correspondence was warm and concerned about me. When we began to court, you were flirtatious, but each step of the way I wasn't just attracted to your beauty, but to your wit and your ability to keep up with me in everything. It would be my honor, if you would be my wife –"

Regina rarely was without words, and Draco had caught her at a moment when she had nothing she could think to say. But her head went up and down. She jumped a little in her high-heeled leather boots. After a minute of dancing and jumping and unintelligent giddiness, she pulled off her left hand's glove.

"Yes," she whispered as she reached out her hand.

He took her hand graciously and slipped the diamond engagement ring on her finger. Regina brought the hand up to her face and stared at it in amazement. Draco finally stepped up from the floor and was welcomed into her embrace. She pressed her body into him and lay her lips on his, strong and needy for him. His strong arms pulled her in tight and he returned her kiss with a desire all his own. Their lips and tongue held each other in this warm embrace for a few minutes, and then sadly, the separated. Regina blushed with desire as he pulled himself away.

"I will be the luckiest man in the world," he said with a grin.

"And I the luckiest girl," she whispered huskily. Then, he led her by the arm. As a good and proper couple, they could go no further. He took her to the Fawley House in Paris. In front of the house, he gave her one last passionate embrace – eager already to claim his engaged, then with regret left for the Malfoy Paris home. He had an early departure time the next day.

Regina was warm in many areas as she entered into her home. Niles appeared before her and she needed a minute to address him before she felt she had composure once again.

"Is everything ready for our guest?"

"Yes, Miss," he replied. "The master bedroom that will be hers is ready."

Regina smiled. "Good. She should be arriving at midnight, London time. Leave me." She looked around. "I need to make sure I am presentable."

Regina walked up to her guestroom in the house. Though she was the Mistress of the Fawley estate, it was her intention to honor Miss Granger with the room in this house. She changed out of her dress and then went to the outfit she had prepared.

She had the black leather corset, the flowing black leather skirt, and dragonskin boots. She messed up her hair to be wild and free as Bellatrix had done in the past. She sadly removed her Malfoy jewels, because she was representing the Fawleys in what she was about to do. Then with five minutes to spare she was standing in the receiving hall of the midsized home.