Chapter Twenty-Seven

January and February flew by quickly. Regina barely had time to sleep or make further plans between their classes – and those were bad. Each professor seemed to fear that the lot of fifth year would fail the coming OWLS so they piled the essays on. Regina and Jillian also were piling the pressure on the Beginner Class for Dark Arts. They were now introducing the Unforgivables to the five. This was always a difficult time, especially for the ones they hoped to corrupt.

They still snuck out late at night to feed their baby. Sadly, they didn't often do it together. Since both now could speak parseltongue, they often did it separately. Clearly Azure was watching and following Regina. It was often easier to allow Jillian to go out because Azure didn't follow her.

Azure Zabini was impossible – even with the knowledge that her brother was trying to court Regina. Flowers and cards and chocolates would often appear. Regina was genuinely impressed at Blaise's effort. But Azure seemed to desire a conflict with Regina. Azure had little understanding for society and politics. Blaise had his sources inside and even once sent Azure a howler because of her work to undermine his courtship of Regina Fawley.

But at last Regina and Jillian were wearing some of their finest dresses on their way to dates at Hogsmeade. It was the fated weekend of Valentine's. Jillian would be at the Three Broomsticks with Malcom Braddock, her on again off again boyfriend. But she was really nearby for back up, as was Malcom and Regina's own on again, off again boyfriend, Graham Pritchard.

The ladies parted company with their dates at the outskirts of Hogsmeade. Regina took Blaise's arm and tried to let the young man charm her. She continued to be impressed. He started by taking her to Honeydukes and bought her a large heart shaped box of chocolate. She took it, but inwardly she winced knowing that she would have to hand it back at the end of the day. They traveled the customary walk through Scrivenshaft's and Dervish's. Regina didn't really need anything – she was an impeccable planner.

Finally, they sat down at the Three Broomsticks. Conversation started light.

"So, did you ever see yourself going on the typical Hogwarts date again?" She asked.

It was clearly a good way to break the ice. Blaise had always been charming and sweet and seemed to see the light start as a good start to the moment when Regina would probably announce her intentions.

"I admit this seems kind of childish to me now," he said with a blush.

Regina smiled gently. "It isn't as if there are many adult things that can be done at Hogsmeade – and I am still technically not of age." Then she batted her eyelashes and bent closer, "And think about my virgin reputation."

Blaise chuckled. He did remember the vehement denials he once made to his friend Draco Malfoy: "I will never be seen coming back to Hogsmeade like some of these losers to catch Azkaban bait."

He chuckled keeping it light, but curious to see if he could bring things to the point. "Well, I am in the presence of one of the most beautiful woman –" he started. "Not just in Hogwarts, but in the Wizarding World. I am willing to endure much for your presence on my arm."

She chuckled at the blatant attempt to sidle into her graces. "There are plenty of beautiful ladies that would grace your arm, Blaise."

"But none," he retorted, "have the wit, charm and grace of Regina Fawley."

She smiled. "I would like to think that I have all those things –"

The two did not speak for a while as the food came to the table. They ate quietly. Finally, Regina spoke up. "How would you feel if I were to seek employment as one of our Lord's Death Eaters, maybe even the Inner Circle?"