Eleven

~Noah~
"...Alright mommy, Noah wants to take his car for washing. Get well soon" My sister sniffled, hugging my weak mom.

She was not responding because she had just been sedated. I sighed, gently pulling my sister away and hugging her. My brother didn't say anything, he just looked with this blank expression.

"Le-let's g-g-go" I said to him, holding out my hand for him to take.

He inhaled, stood up, kissed my mom's forehead and walked out, totally ignoring my outstretched hand. Oh well.

I kissed my mom's hand and walked out with my sister. My mom had lung cancer for a year now and I'm not seeing any improvements. Trebor said he'll take care of it and I'm waiting.

Heading to the car, I unlocked it and went in after strapping my sister to the car seat. Yes, she still uses the car seat. When she's seven, I'll get her out of it. For now, she's still a baby.

The car ride back home was silent and Noelle was asleep. My brother was staring out the window. So, my thoughts went back to Camilla. She's occupying my thoughts these days and it's not okay. The stunt she pulled in the clinic was tempting. I did want to kiss her but I was not ready to humiliate myself. Also, fuck me for talking. She heard me speak. She didn't laugh and she doesn't know I stutter. She might think it's because of the awkwardness that's why I left. So I won't say more.

I didn't get out of the car coz if I did, I'd be tempted to head to my room and sleep. So, I waved at Nathan as he carried a sleeping Noelle out of the car. He could be really sweet if he wanted to. I drove off to the nearest car wash... Car wash. That was the name...real original! It wasn't far so I arrived in no time, parking it under the shade they had.

I got out and walked in to see the owner. Entering the building, it looked quiet and life less. I saw a wooden door... Boss was scribbled on it so I knocked then walked in. Nodding at the guy behind a large wooden desk as a form of greeting. He made the place look like a company with the way he's seated with paoers and files sprawled all over the desk. I took a seat on the stool.

"Hello, welcome to Car Wash" he said, haintone filled with humour as he stood. I noticed his outfit...more like lack of outfit. He was shirtless with basketball shorts. And here I was expecting a tux and fancy watch.

"So, how many cars need washing?" He asked and I rose my index finger, indicating one. Realization dawned on him and he quickly passed me a paper and pen.

"it's okay to not talk. Just scribble whatever you wanna say on that paper" I smiled in appreciation, uncapping the pen.

Isn't there work today? I didn't notice any car being washed and the place seems dull? I wrote, pushing the paper to him. He laughed heartily.

"Oh, that! We wash at the back not out front. So just drive to the back. Follow the lawn path. Also, what kind of car?'' He asked, handing the paper back to me.

It's a van. A small van. I passed it to him and he nodded.

"How many seats?''

Just the regular 4 seater. He read it and nodded.

"That'll be $150 and 4 cents" I nodded, fishing out some bills from my pocket and handing it over.

"So, you'd stay to watch your car being washed or do you trust us enough?'' He cocked a brow. This was my first time here so, no, I don't trust them. I'd rather stay.

I'll stay.

He nodded, not looking in the least bit offended.

"Cam, Suz, and Lan...there's a van coming in. I need you three to wash it. Over." They communicate through walkie talkies? What happened to phones or mobiles? He instructed me to drive my van to the back and I nodded heading out. If the boss dressed like this, I hate to see what the employees would dress like.