Sixteen

Camilla

I gracefully walked into the ballroom, a mask on my face. It was like a masquerade ball and it just started. Gently patting my boobs, I felt the speaker still in place and I gently felt the hidden listening device inside my ear, at the side.

"Can you hear me?" Noah stuttered. Sincerely, I don't know why Trebor let him do the talking. Trebor and everyone knew he stuttered.

"Yes but try not to stutter too much okay?" I said teasingly but I meant it. He didn't reply.

He was just outside in a black van with a laptop. The plan was to seduce Felix, the guy that poses as a threat to Trebor.

I was to seduce him, get him  and poison his drink. It'll make him weak and his vision will blur but that's it, no death.

Once, I'm done, I'm to signal for the other guys who'd get him and do whatever. Trebor said he doesn't want me to kill just yet. It's weird how he never speaks to me face to face like the others but it might probably be the initiation stage.

"He's the guy by the snacks table" Noah stuttered and I inwardly groaned.

"Which one?"

"Blue tie" I immediately spotted him and told Noah.

"You know what to do. When you're ready to drug him, tell me so I'd disconnect the systems" He stuttered drily. I loved his voice, if only he spoke fluently.

"Okay, the code for that is a tiny squeeze, twice"

"Fine"

"Okay" I kept quiet and moved near the snacks table. My steps slow and calculated, head held high.

I pretended to look between snacks, standing beside him.

"Hey, do you own a company?" I didn't know he'd ask questions.

"Urm-, why do you want to know?" I answered with a question, using my sultry voice.

"This party is for only those with companies" he smiled and my stomach churned at his yellowish teeth. Gross.

"Oh, I knew that. Well, I-" Okay, I wasn't prepared for this.

"Say you're a secretary or PA" Great idea, Noah.

He raised a brow in suspicion.

"Well, I don't own a company. I am the personal assistant to one of them here" I shrugged carelessly, pretending to be obnoxious.

"Okay then, I'm Felix Kane, owner of a publishing company. Do you know O'Connell's? " He asked and I nodded in fake enthusiasm. I didn't know the company.

"Yes yes, I do! Is that your place?" I asked, feigning intrigue. He grinned widely and nodded.

"Are you impressed?" He asked. I giggled, gently touching his non existent bicep. He was lanky, this suit hid his skinny figure. Yikes.

"Yes, and I'm also thirsty. I'll get us drinks. What do you want?" I asked and he smiled,eyes twinkling.

"Before you get drinks, can we dance?" He stretched out a hand. I accepted it.

"Of course" he led me to the dance floor, wrapping an arm around my waist and the other Intertwined with my palm that wasn't on his chest.

"You're beautiful, what's your name?"

"Ashley" That was one of the quickest lies.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful lady"

"Aw stop it" I faked a flustered look and he smirked.