Chapter 37-Lune

I felt the room shake and held Eisa tighter to me, but not too tight. I found the playpen where Kelly, James, and Hans were in and gently placed her in the pin. "You boys look after your little sister, okay?" I said, looking at my small, gentle sons. They nodded, James even saluting me, and replied with a 'yes mommy'. I smiled and kissed all of my children's heads. I heard the door open and close quickly and saw that Kat had joined us. I smiled a little as I let out a sigh of relief seeing her. 

"What's it like out there?" Toby asked Kat, slowly approaching her.

"Not good, Your Majesty. One of the castle borders is down and their troops are rushing in through the hole made. We have troops holding them off, but they just keep coming. I saw the Lynches about a mile away shouting their commands on top of horses. They haven't actually done any damage themselves. Just made other people do it for them. They have werewolves, witches, and warlocks attacking. The last time I saw, we were winning so there are some positive things, but Zayn, Liam, and General Cumberbatch sent me here because the allies we do have were there and I am supposed to protect you if any enemies ever come this far and find you guys," she rushed out and I nodded while Toby walked closer to her.

"How is my mate?" He asks, ready to run if he needed to go save Josh. She laughed and smiled at him, almost beaming.

"He was leading the armies with the General when I saw him. Taking out 5 enemies at a time with no effort," she said and I swear to God the room got a little less tense and a little more hopeful.

"That's great, and Emily's mates?" he asked and I looked up at her. She made eye contact with me and smiled.

"They were commanding parts of the armies. They even are impressing the General, which is a rare occurrence, I promise you that. They have a bright future ahead of them in the military," she swore to me and I smiled and gave her a thankful nod. I walked over to my children and niece, where they were all playing with some soldiers, wooden blocks, and James was reading a book out loud, given it was a pre-school-age book, but never the less. He was very much trying to calm everyone down that was scared of the sudden rushing and shaking. I know that Toby, Leila, and I weren't making any things better. Hell, I was ready to sit in the playpen and listen to James read so my nerves would be calm. 

"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" I heard him reading out the infamous Dr. Seuss book to the kids in the playpen. There were about twenty to thirty Dr. Seuss books in the playpen so he could go on for a little while. I, then, finally started to look around the room.

There were two king-size beds, a full-sized bathroom, a small kitchen with everything needed to prepare food, there was a pantry full of food that would last ten years for a family of twenty, a small play area for kids, surrounded like a playpen, which is where the kids were, and there were 3 cribs. It was about the size of my entire apartment when I was still human, well, as human as I could be. I noticed a baby grand piano along with a guitar in the very corner. I smiled softly and walked over to it. I sat down and played Clair De Lune by Debussy. I smiled at how effortlessly the notes came to me. I had been playing piano since I was ten, teaching myself the entire time since I could read music by age five, thanks to my step-dad being musically advanced. It was a little complex, but it was fun and I could master it easily. Reading music to me was like reading a book. I had planned to have a music major in college, but I never really had a chance to, since the whole mate thing happened. But the mate thing was the best thing that ever happened to me in my life, though, it did have its twists and turns, I don't regret a single thing. I had five loving mates, who I have the pleasure of calling my husbands and three beautiful children. Plus I got to learn the hidden part of my family tree, like my biological father and my twin sister. I get to live like a princess daily, which is every little girl's dream and I, well, I just love how my life has taken a turn for the better. I smiled as my hands glided across the piano's soft keys and the amazingly beautiful noise that came from the piano's top. I noticed that James had stopped reading and Leila, Toby, and Kat had walked over to the piano to listen. I smiled as my eyes never left my hands on the beautiful instrument. I closed my eyes for a moment and pictured my future. Running around with my mates and my grandkids as my kids and their mates stood on the porch and laughed at us running around like we were still only in our twenties, not almost one-hundred. 

We heard someone banging on the door a few minutes after Debussy and as I was just starting Moonlight Sonata. I watched as Toby opened the door and Josh, Liam, Zayn, Harry, Niall, and Liam came limping or being carried in. Toby quickly shut the door as all of them collapsed on the floor. Leila and I helped them to bed, Josh in one and my mates in another. Leila handed me five blood bags, which I gave to each of the boys as Leila fed Josh one. "What happened?" Leila asked, wiping the dirt, grime, and blood off her mate's face. 

"Orcs" he croaked out and all of our hearts dropped. We were dead if they weren't stopped soon. 

---------------------------------------

Holy crap, another update in less than 24 hours?!

I think this is the first time this ever happened since I started high school. 

Well, expect another update tomorrow.

Byee!

--Sincerely

Lei, The Coming-Back Author