Nobunaga Oda Chapter 2

Mai: "Wait--"

Nobunaga: "Cups aren't supposed to speak. Now, quietly let me drink."

Nobunaga reached behind him to pick his cup up off the railing. He placed it against my lips, which opened of their own accord. Oh, man. Is this really happening?  He tipped the cup. A few sweet drops coated my tongue, which shivered from the numb fire of the alcohol. This feels right and wrong all at once. I want... What I want is--

Nobunaga: "You're finally quiet." Something flared up deep inside me. Nobunaga drew closer, his cold eyes focused on me--

It looks like I have no choice--  I gulped down the sake without hesitation. Nobunaga looked at me, processing what I'd just done. ...But to show him he can't control me.  I licked my lips, a sign that there was nothing left. If we're going to kiss or fool around, it's going to be on mutual terms.

I smirked at him.

Mai: "Guess you'll have to find another cup. This one's empty." For a moment, his expression was unreadable.

Nobunaga: "Hah! You're entertaining, woman." Nobunaga burst out laughing, his voice echoing in the hollow night. What does he always find so funny? I'm thinking everyone here is rude, but he tops the list.  I shoved at his chest.

Mai: "Yes, well, now that you've had a nice laugh, I'm going back."

Nobunaga: "Not yet." Hey! Nobunaga caressed my lip again. The light in his eyes drew mine. "I'm hardly inclined to let you go now." If he thinks he can keep me here, he's very mistaken.

Mai: "I'm not yours to touch, so keep your hands off."

Nobunaga: "I don't need you to be mine. I'm only asking you to be my night's entertainment." A barbaric man for a barbaric age!  I felt rage.

Mai: "I wish I was back in the present already. I would have you arrested so quick!"

Nobunaga: "What?"

Mai: "You can't force a woman or anyone else to do what they don't want to! You're a vile--"

Nobunaga: "What did you just say?"

Mai: "You're a vile man and your actions tonight, no, these past two days have been--"

Nobunaga: "Before that. You spoke of being back in the present." Oh shoot. I shouldn't have let that slip.

I could hear Sasuke's admonition ringing in my ears:
          Sasuke: "One more thing. Don't get deeply involved with people of this time. That is to say, don't fall in love. It might cloud your desire to return to the future. I recommend you keep the fact that you come from the present a secret too."

But honestly, I could care less about Sasuke's warning right now. I'm dealing with a man who lives in a time before consent and I'm sick of trying to get it through his head!  I took a deep breath and explained in as calm a voice as I could,

Mai: "It's just like I told you back at the temple. I'm from the future. A freak accident sent me back to your time. And let me tell you, things have changed a lot in 500 years."

Nobunaga: "Are you saying that wasn't just a story?"

Mai: "Yes! I even have proof!"

Nobunaga: "Then show me."

Mai: "Ohh, just you wait and see!" Determined, I ran back to my room to grab my purse. I returned to Nobunaga and presented it to him.

Nobunaga: "What an oddly ostentatious satchel." That's my favorite bag you're talking about! Oh, what am I thinking? That's not the important part.