Nobunaga Oda POV R & D Full Love Bonus: The Devil King's Favorite Sweets

. . . As evening fell, I came to a dire realization. This was an emergency. I summoned my greatest warlords to the audience chamber to aid me in dealing with it. Good. They're all here. I only hope it's not too late.

Hideyoshi: "My lord, you mentioned an emergency. What is this about?"

Mitsunari: "Could it be? Has there been word of another revolt?"

Nobunaga: "No. This is far more serious."

Mitsuhide: "Perhaps there's some nefarious activity going on in the fiefs?"

Masamune: "I doubt it. We would have heard about it if that was the case."

Nobunaga: "Masamune is correct. It is not that either." Those things pale in comparison to this.

Ieyasu: ". . . Can you just tell us?"

Nobunaga: "Mai has stopped speaking to me." The shocked looks on everyone's faces spoke volumes. They understood how grave this matter was as well.

Hideyoshi: "Lord Nobunaga . . . is that the emergency?"

Nobunaga: "Yes." This requires immediate action.  They were all speechless. I couldn't blame them. Even I was unable to hide my worry. "I will listen to any suggestions. This standoff must end." Masamune was the first to speak. Rather, instead of speaking, he laughed.

Masamune: "I knew the lass had moxie! I've never seen anyone have our lord in a vice like that!"

Mitsuhide: "I'll admit, she's something." Why do I think they're not taking this seriously?

Nobunaga: "It's no laughing matter. Mai hasn't spoken to me in three whole days. This has never happened before." I haven't seen her smile once since this began. I'm starting to believe this could prove fatal.

Ieyasu: "Um, can I go?"

Nobunaga: "Leaving is forbidden."

Mitsunari: "If we are forced to stay, then . . . let's see." Crossing his arms, Mitsunari looked at me with a serious expression. "You said she hasn't spoken to you in three days. Did anything happen between you two at that time that could have caused this?"

Nobunaga: "I can't think of anything."

Hideyoshi: ". . . I've got it!" Hideyoshi, who had been concentrating hard as well, suddenly spoke up. "Lord Nobunaga, I know what caused this." What?!

Nobunaga: "Is that true, Hideyoshi?"

Hideyoshi: "Yes, my lord. As you'll recall, three days ago, we held a banquet to honor the vassals. And Mai was there too." Of course she was. I hate being away from her.

Masamune: "Riiiight. I see where Hideyoshi's coming from."

Mitsuhide: "It's all starting to make sense." What are they talking about?

Mitsunari: "You're right, Lord Hideyoshi. In all probability, that as to be it."

Ieyasu: ". . . Now that I know what this is about, I really, really want to leave." What do they all know? Why won't they tell me?  I was irritated that the matter remained a mystery to me.

Nobunaga: "Hideyoshi. In plain words, explain what is going on?"

Hideyoshi: "It's that group of entertainers we hired, my lord. They're the cause." It's still not making sense to me.

Masamune: "You don't remember how popular you were with those dancing girls? They showered you with attention."

Mitsunari: "And I remember Mai frowning from that point on, until the banquet ended."