Nobunaga Oda Romantic Route Chapter 13

Nobunaga: "Kenshin, before we start. Let her go." Oh, Nobunaga, please tell me you know what you're doing!

Wielding spears, Kenshin's men encircled Nobunaga. The two combatants faced each other across a short span of space. Fighting alone against this bloodthirsty maniac is reckless!  I hit Kenshin with my bound hands as hard as I could, but I might as well have been hitting a wall.

Nobunaga: "Nobody touches Mai unless she wills it."

Kenshin: "I never thought I'd live to see the day. She's made you so weak, I'm not sure how you're still standing."

Nobunaga: "I won't fall."

Kenshin: "What?" Nobunaga?

Nobunaga: "As long as Mai is with me, I refuse to die." Drawing his sword, Nobunaga's fierce eyes focused on Kenshin. In those eyes, an inferno raged. "Now, come. Face me. I'll make you regret laying a hand on Mai."

Kenshin: "Talk is cheap." Kenshin scowled with rage and tossed me to the ground. I'm getting really tired of being treated like a rag doll!  I scrambled to my knees as soon as I reached the ground. "You can watch Nobunaga's death from there!"

Mai: "Stop this stupid, pointless fight, Kenshin!"

Kenshin: "Talking to the last. Fine. Once I've killed Nobunaga, I'll send you after him." Good luck with either of those things! 

Kenshin stepped in front of me and drew his sword. The blade glistened with the same silver sheen he seemed to give off. What can I do?! Dig up some dirt and look for a chance to throw it in his eyes? But, tied like this--

Nobunaga: "Mai--" Before I could do anything, Nobunaga's low steady voice drew my eyes to him. His expression was calm and fixed on me. "I won't tell you not to worry."

Mai: "What?"

Nobunaga: "Instead, I need to apologize for making you so worried." Nobunaga.  The tenderness in his voice made my throat tighten.

Mai: "Don't apologize." Not with such a heartbreakingly sweet face.

Kenshin: "Enough." Kenshin gave me a chilling glare, and with a look of disgust on his face, turned back to Nobunaga. "I can't watch you two any longer. There's no more putting this off, Nobunaga. We fight to the death."

Nobunaga: "Fine."

Kenshin: "Let's begin." Kenshin dashed forward, his sword blazingly fast. Nobunaga neither advanced nor retreated. I flinched at the sound of metal swords screeching together. Nobunaga had held his ground and caught the blow with his blade.

Nobunaga: "You want to fight to the death? Try hitting me first."

Kenshin: "Don't rush me. I've been waiting for this moment. I want to savor it." Kenshin took a quick step back before leaping in again--

Nobunaga parried once more, but Kenshin was prepared. He extended his thrust. The tip of the blade cut into Nobunaga's cheek.

Mai: "Nobunaga!"

Nobunaga: "War and killing are sport for you? You need a real hobby." Blood trickled down Nobunaga's cheek. He ignored it, leveling his sword horizontally. "But find it later. Because the time for games is over. It's my turn, Kenshin."

With a step that shook the ground, Nobunaga closed the gap between them. He dove in fiercely, swooping away only to strike at Kenshin again. He's just like Haguro--  The sound of clashing steel echoed over the still fields. I held my breath, scanning Nobunaga for injuries after every too-swift-to-see strike.