Nobunaga Oda POV Love's Union Premium Bonus: A Good Night to the Devil King

. . . Hmmm?  Something touched each of my eyelids, softly. The sensation woke me.

Mai: "Oh. Hello there, sleepyhead." Mai?  Mai's beautiful face was directly above mine. She sat back up, smiling tenderly at me. What just happened?  I recalled the evening, trying to remember when I had even fallen asleep. 

We were drinking and watching the moon together. She invited me to rest my head on her lap. And the second I did--  

Nobunaga: "Once again, I fell asleep on your lap.  

Mai: "I didn't mind. AND I woke you like you've been asking me too recently." But I mind.  

Nobunaga: "I asked you to wake me when I START to fall asleep. I missed so much of the evening with you."

Mai: "We were right here, together. And you need your sleep!"

Nobunaga: "Since you've been living here with me, I sleep fine. It's no longer a problem for me."

Mai: "You spent most of your life barely sleeping at all. You could be making up for lost time."

Nobunaga: "I disagree. The only time I'm losing is this." The fact that Mai's lap is the perfect pillow is now a problem.  "I'm sleeping through the time we could be intimate with each other."

Mai: "So that's what's bothering you?" In the moonlight, Mai was smiling. "You had ulterior motives for asking me to wake you up!"

Nobunaga: "They're not ulterior at all." This is the time of day I can spend in your arms, kissing you, and making love to you. It's irreplaceable. Every second of sleep is a hindrance to that.  The thought left me feeling strangely robbed.

Mai: "I know how you feel. You're always on my mind, too. Oh--" Mai reached a hand toward me. I relaxed into her lap She stroked my hair gently, teasing it slowly back into place. My hair must have become disarrayed while I slept.  

Guarding my ears, I let Mai continue. She brushed my hair, fingertips nothing but tender as they moved. "Done."

Nobunaga: "Thank you." I sat back up and turned to face her. She was smiling, holding back a giggle. "What are you smiling about?"

Mai: "That little perfect moment we shared."

Nobunaga: "I don't understand."

Mai: "You knew what I was doing and let me do it, without me saying a word. It felt like telepathy."

Nobunaga: "Telepathy?"

Mai: "It's a future word. It's easiest if I call it unspoken communication." Her gentle caresses had started a fire in my heart, and her smile fanned the flames. I see. That makes her happy? I'm surprised again.  

Nobunaga: "And what about earlier? Before I woke up. Were you trying to communicate something unspoken to me then?"

Mai: "Who, me? I wasn't doing anything."

Nobunaga: "You were. Tell me." Mai smiled coyly, teasingly. I caught her chin and drew close. "I felt something touch my eyelids. What was it?"

Mai: "If you must know-- I WAS trying to communicate something unspoken to you. I was saying goodnight, with a goodnight kiss." A kiss? Isn't it wasted on me while I'm sleeping?  

The smoldering fire inside me roared to life. Now I really regret falling asleep when Mai was here. No dreams of her could hold a candle to reality.