Nobunaga Oda Dramatic Route Chapter 13

Nobunaga: "Running east will bring us to the foot of the mountain. We can take shelter under the cliffs."

Mai: "Sounds like a plan!"

I gripped his hand tight as we dashed through the wet grass, mud clinging to our shoes. The rain fell like a waterfall. It was impossible to see through, but still, we ran.

I won't let go of your hand. I won't go back to a world without you. I don't want a world without you. Just as I thought that, the sky lit up in a blinding flash of light. A thunderous roar sounded right over our heads--

Mai: "Aah!"

Nobunaga: "Mai!" Nobunaga grabbed me, and the two of us jumped out of the way of the strike. It was so close I became flash blind and was deafened. What's going on?!  I blinked and rubbed my eyes until my vision returned. When it did though--

Holy cats!  The patch of grass where we had been standing was now a charred smoking spiral. Nobunaga stood up, cradling me in his arms, and glared at the storm clouds above.

Nobunaga: "It's as if it were aiming for me. Heaven is intent on correcting its mistake after all."

Mai: "What are you saying?"

Nobunaga: "You said it yourself. I'm not supposed to be alive right now." I realized then that I had told Nobunaga everything from my conversation with Sasuke, including--

                      Mai: "What happens after we're sent back? What's going to happen to Nobunaga, Kenshin, and the others?"

                       Sasuke: "I don't know in what form it's likely to occur, but I imagine-- Everyone will meet fates that match closest with how things turned out in our original history. " But that leaves only one possibility.

                      Mai: "They're going to die? As soon as we leave, they're both going to die?" His silence confirmed my worst fears.

Nobunaga figured out that he was supposed to have died.  A cold awful feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. I swallowed my breath, my throat tight. I became dizzy. I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling like I was going to topple over.

When I opened them, I saw a wall of fog too thick to see through.

Nobunaga: "What is this?"

Mai: "It's the same thing that happened last time I time traveled!" I saw Nobunaga's lips move as he began to speak. But his voice was cut off by another thunderous roar. "No, stop it! I'm not going back!"

Nobunaga: "Mai!!"  Nobunaga's expression tightened. He drew in a breath. I clawed at the fog, trying to dispel it. But Nobunaga stopped me, drawing me into his arms. He kissed me, lips brushing mine, only to part--

Then he pushed me into the center of the welling cloud.

Nobunaga: "Mai, go on."

Mai: "You mean go back? No!"

Nobunaga: "You can't die here. No matter what you have to live. Return to the future and live." I refuse!  I tried to run back to him, but couldn't. It was like trying to get traction in mid-air. The fog began to fill in the space between us. Nobunaga seemed so far away now.

Mai: "Wait! I don't want this!"

Nobunaga: "I'd do anything to grant any wish of yours-- But forgive me, Mai. This is one wish I can't grant."