Chapter 1

AN: I've read a lot of fan fictions on this site that have played with the idea of a younger Castle and Beckett in a teenage/ high school setting. obviously AU fictions. and I enjoyed reading them. They're all pretty interesting. :)

Its amazing to see what goes on in the imaginations of others from the Fandom just like me. so I thought why not give it a shot myself. Here it goes.
Don't forget to leave me a review, telling me what you think of it. :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Castle.

Chapter 1

Rick was Kate's best friend! They'd been tight buddies since Kate's first week here at Brooke High. Kate was a new student in senior year, and she had managed to make a few friends on her first day itself.
There was Lanie, a beautiful girl with an amazing personality, Javier, Lanie's boyfriend since two years, and Kevin, Javier's Childhood buddy.
The three of them had been very friendly and welcoming, and they made Kate feel completely comfortable for a new student at a new school.

However, it's who she met on her second day there that turned her world around. She remembers it, like it was yesterday…

She had walked onto the lawns her bag slung over a shoulder and book in hand, Lanie had asked her to meet her at her locker before class, and she couldn't wait to see her new friends. Distracted as she was, she didn't see the hot shirtless guy running towards her, his eyes up in the sky, eyeing the football he meant to catch, and Bam!.

He had run straight into her. And there she lay on the ground, her book and bag thrown at the side because of the impact of the fall, and a huge, shirtless guy fallen over her.

She assessed the situation in her mind, 'ok, this guy was sweaty, but surprisingly hot, and not just literally, he actually had a nice body. And he was on top of her'

he quickly lifted himself a little off her, lifting the weight of his body off her, and now balancing himself over her on his hands and knees. Still hovering over her.

And Kate found herself looking into the bluest of eyes she'd ever seen. He had dark brown hair, the edges of which were slightly falling over his forehead, and the rays of sun that were beaming from around his face only made him look more angelic.

Kate wondered whether she had passed out or something. But then she saw his lips move, he was saying something, his eyebrows raised in question, now he was waving a hand in front of her, oh right, 'say something!' she heard conscience scold her.

And she could hear everything around her, there were some guys in the background cheering, she guessed it was because this guy landed over her. There was a crowd of people around laughing and giggling, yup, the new girl humiliated herself. Kate sighed, and she heard his voice now. "Hello, are you alright?"

She said "uh, yea, I think so..."
he still look worried… his eyes... deep blue… had something in them, and it looked like actual concern, she really had to be dreaming!
He must have suddenly realized what the scene looked like now, what with him hovering over a girl that way, wearing nothing but his football shorts, so he quickly moved and stood up, and held out his hand to her,
"Think you can get up?"

she took his hand and he pulled her up. As she straightened herself up, he continued to say "I didn't see you coming…."

"It's alright, I was a little distracted too."

"Wait let me finish, I didn't see you coming, but I'm not sorry I didn't" he smugly replied.

She looked at him, bewildered "what? You just knocked me down and you got the nerve to say you're not sorry you did it."