Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Kate woke up early Wednesday morning and just laid in bed staring up at her ceiling... She was beginning to worry now.

There were just 3 days until the dance now, and Rick had still not gotten the hint. She tried her best, flirting with him, leaving him little lines that should make it clear she wanted to go to the Sweet hearts' dance with him. She had turned down so many guys, and what was weird was, he watched her turn them all down, but never tried asking her out himself.

Kate was second guessing now, whether Rick still had feelings for her. It angered her how ignorant he was being towards the amount of hints she was throwing at him. Her anger was getting the better of her. She got up, and decided to go for an early morning run. Running always made her feel better.

That rush of adrenaline, the way her heart would beat faster, the way her breathing would quicken, her feet moving quickly, hardly touching the ground for less than a second each.

And as she ran, she would let herself forget. Forget everything. Everything that'd been worrying her, or taking up space in her head. And right now, it was Rick.

Rick! Rick! Rick!

Rick Rodgers was all she'd been thinking about lately. She wanted him to ask her to the Sweet hearts' dance, and then maybe then, she could tell him about her feelings for him.

Forgetting helped her sort things out in her head. It cleared her head, so that she could put things in place.

By the time she had reached back home and showered and gotten ready for school, she had made a decision. She was going to wait for Rick. She would wait, even if it were the last minute before the dance. She was going to the Sweet hearts' dance with Rick; otherwise she wasn't going at all.

Rick was finding it very hard to understand Kate.

He had never seen so many hopes shattered by a girl before. She had turned down every guy that came up to her to ask her to go to the
Sweet hearts' dance with them.

She had said no to all of them. Then where was this Mr. Charmer/Dreamy that she was waiting for?

Why wasn't he making his move? Every time he tried asking Kate who he was, she'd just give him a smug reply, like 'I'm surprised you haven't guessed by now, He's pretty close to me'

or 'he's hot, charming, he plays football, and he reads Richard Castle's books just like me.'

huh, he still had to talk to her about that.

Well, whoever this guy was, Rick knew he had to have known him, 'if he was in the football team, how could I not know?'

but Rick could not think of anyone who Kate would be so smitten by. He had hoped to get information from Javier, but that hope went down the drain when Javier did something to upset Lanie, and now he was trying to make it up to her.

Rick was feeling helpless. Looks like he'd just have to wait till the Sweet hearts' dance night to see who this lucky guy was.

As for himself, he was going alone to the dance.
He knew that he'd be a real bore to whoever he'd take, because he'd be drowning in his sorrows watching Kate dance with another guy.

He didn't want to spoil anyone's night that way, no one deserved it. So he'd mope alone.

Of course he'd try to have fun, but he didn't know how that would work out if he'd have to watch a replay of the 'Kate-Josh' days.

It was Friday night, and Kate was just getting ready to sleep, but she was determined to talk to Rick, she quickly texted him "hey, what you doing?"

but didn't get a reply from him.

He woke in the morning, sweaty and aroused. he had dozed of early last night, and he didn't regret it one bit, because the dreams he was having about Kate had reached another level totally. He needed a cold shower.

If Kate had any idea about how much he had fallen for her, she'd probably find it creepy.

If only she knew what a beautiful woman she was, if only she knew how much he wanted to kiss those beautiful lips, to make love to her, and show her how much he appreciated her beauty, if only, if only she reciprocated the love he had for her.

He went in for a shower, and then got dressed. He had to go pick up his new suit today.

While riding the elevator down, he saw Kate's message. She had sent it last night, probably around the time he was undressing her in his dreams.

Maybe her 'Mr. Dreamy' finally asked her out and she was probably texting him to tell him that. That had to be it. Rick deleted her message, if Kate was going to the Sweet hearts' dance with this guy; he didn't want to hear her swoon over him. It would be too much heartache to take for now.

So he didn't reply to her text. He locked his phone, put it back in his pocket, and tried to keep himself distracted.

He had to stop thinking about her so much, dreaming about her, it was wrong. Things would have been different if they were together, but they weren't.

He had no right to think of her in that way.