Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Let me help you with that" she said while taking three steps towards him

"no, I don't need your help, go away"

"I'm not going anywhere until we talk"

"Well then make yourself comfortable, cause I'm in no mood to talk"

She came closer now "Rick why are you doing this, why are you pushing me away?" she sounded desperate.

He said nothing. She finally sat beside him and took his hand in hers, placed it on her lap and began untying the bandage.

"This is the least I could do; you took these wounds for me, even after what I did... Why?"

He didn't look at her, just simply spoke, "cause if anything, I can never tolerate someone disrespecting a woman. And especially if the woman is the love of my life."

She had taken the bandage off now. "You still love me the same way?"

He looked at the locket around her neck now. And said, "The answer to that is written around your neck."

Rick was angry, hurt, but he had never stopped loving her. He knew Kate made a mistake. But he couldn't bring himself to stop loving her.

that promise of 'Always' was something his heart was serious about, even if his mind wanted to take it back at a time like this.

She smiled. There was silence between them for a minute. And then she spoke,

"I made a huge mistake Rick, I was intoxicated and upset and I let my emotions mess with my head that day. I wasn't thinking at all, and my actions hurt you.

All you've ever been to me is caring and loving and so full of understanding, and I acted so selfish to you. I wanted to be more understanding towards you but I ended up being a bitch to you.

God Rick, to hear you yelling, you we're so hurt, your eyes held a look I'd never seen before, and I deserved it. I deserve the pain I'm feeling right now, because what I did caused you more pain than anything.

I totally understand if you never want to be with me again, never want to forgive me, but Rick, please, don't stop talking to me, don't ignore me, don't push me away."

A tear rolled down her cheek. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry for what I did, but you have to know, it meant nothing. It was an empty action. I had no clue what I was doing. And my behaviour that night is something I am ashamed of. I humiliated you and also myself.. And I'm sorry..."

She waited a whole minute for him to say something, anything. But he was still looking down at the floor. She decided that he was not going to talk to her. She had said all she had to say, and now it was out there. It was up to him now, whether he'd take her back, break up with her, or agree to stay friends...

All that was left for her to do now, was kiss him goodbye and leave, hoping he'd stop her before she leaves the room and tells her he forgives her. She put her hand to the side of his face that was away from her, and motioned for him to face her, but he refused to look into her eyes.

She leaned in and whispered at his ear, "I'll Always love you, and only you Rick. I'll wait for you, however long it takes"

She then softly kissed his cheek, gently, so as not to hurt his bruise anymore. She got up and walked out.

She opened the front door to leave, an ache in her so severe it made it hard for her to turn the door knob open. She wiped the tears that were now freely falling down her face.

He had not said anything, he hadn't even stopped her, and she was afraid if what it meant. That's when she heard his voice, "wait".
She turned to look at him. He was walking towards her.

"Ever since that day, that scene keeps playing in my head, that image of your lips on a pair of lips that weren't my own, I tried to forget, to get it out of my head, but it won't leave. I thought a drink would help, but it did the exact opposite."

"You didn't have to drink the image away"

"then tell me Kate, what can I do to get that image out of my head? Because that's the only thing keeping me from forgiving you"

"These lips have always been yours to kiss Rick. Claim them. And let me erase that image from your head."

That's all he needed to make his move, he strode the few steps between them and clashed his lips against hers, forcefully, fiercely, wildly kissing her, like her lips were his oxygen.

From Friends to Loversजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें