Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Hey" she said on the phone, while laying on her side in her bed, her head resting on her hand.

"missed me already?" came his reply.

"In your dreams" she laughed.

"Look at my life, my dreams come true"

"shut up" she said playfully.

"What you doing?"

"Just lying down... What about you..?"

"Just writing a sex scene for the next book. But I need some help..."

"Oh really?" Kate smirked.

"yea, think you could give me some inspiration?"

"I gave you some last night"

"oh, I have no complains, but I want inspiration for a 'story' now, not a wet dream"

"oh my god! has all your shame gone out the window?" she laughed.

"Now are you going to help me or not?"

Kate turned to lie on her stomach,

"okay okay, what's the story so far?"

"Girl meets boy, boy falls in love, both make mistakes, sorts out differences, they make up, she calls one night, he asks 'so, what are you wearing?'... Now shoot "

Kate bit down on her lip, however much she wanted

to entertain him, she wanted to tease him too.

"Really? That's your story? I really want to know how you ended up becoming a best-selling author" she laughed.

He laughed too, deep and sexy. "Touché" he said.

"Well obviously, this phone call happens after they go on a date together, take for example, they go to the movies together..."

Kate suddenly remembered why she had called him up in the first place.

"Yea Rick, about that, uhh... I'm sorry; we're going to have to cancel our plans for tonight"

"what? Why?" he sounded like a little boy who had been denied permission to go for his class field trip.

"I'm really sorry; I have to babysit my cousin sis tonight, until our parents are back from their dinner and dance. Maybe we could go to the movies tomorrow."

"or, I could come over and babysit with you" he suggested.

"No Rick, I couldn't ask you to do that"

"I really don't mind, I like kids, and we'll get to spend time together too. Of course, your mom should be okay with it first"

"I don't think she'd have a problem. But are you sure, Ally can get really stubborn sometimes and she throws tantrums. Plus she takes time to get used to new faces"

"hey, it'll be fun, I'm good with kids"

"I'm sure you are" she laughed. "You do act like a child most of the time"

"are you complaining?" he teased.

"Not at all" she said.

"Okay, I got to go tell mom you'll be coming over in the evening."

"Yea, I better get back to writing, I'll see you this evening then"

"yea, bye."

She ran downstairs and told her mom that Rick would be coming over. She was alright with it.

Rick had messaged around 4.30

"how old is ally?"

"3 years old."

"Oh ok, what time should I come over?"

"they'll drop her off here at around 6. She'll take time to settle down and get used to being here, why don't you come in by 7."

"7 sounds great. Do you want me to get anything?"

"No, just your charm and good looks. :*"

"that goes without saying :D "

She loved Rick, he was always so full of fun, always doing/saying something to make her smile, and most of the time, blush. Not many guys succeeded in making her blush. He knew just the right things to say to make her feel good and that's what made him perfect for her.

Her aunt and uncle had dropped Ally off, and took off with her parents for the evening. And now here she was, playing with Ally in her living room couch. They were having a tickle fight, and Kate was clearly winning. She loved being with Ally.

"You're going to make a new friend today"

"new fwend?" Ally asked

"yea, his name is Rick"

"wick"

"no" Kate laughed. "Rick."

Just then the doorbell rang, and Kate carried Ally and went to let Rick in.