Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Just then, her parents entered the living room, "hey, how was your evening?"

"It was wonderful, amazing dinner, beautiful music, I enjoyed myself" Johanna told her daughter.

"Well, it's getting pretty late, we better be off, which room is ally asleep in?" her aunt asked. Kate opened her mouth to speak when Rick spoke instead.

"Uh, don't worry; I'll go get her for you."
Rick quickly ran upstairs. At least he'd have time to calm himself down, Kate thought.

"Where are your manners Kate? You didn't even introduce us to your friend." her uncle said.

"Oh, Charles, he's just Kate's friend. Their pretty tight pals" Jim told him.

"Boyfriend" Johanna coughed, and cleared her throat.

Kate glared at her mom.

"Excuse me?" said Jim, confused.

Kate had to tell him now,
"He's my boyfriend dad."

"What, when did this happen, how did I not know?"

Johanna spoke "oh but Avril, he's such a charming young man, I swear, if I was any younger, I'd fall for him too" Johanna joked with aunt Avril.

Jim put his arm around her waist, and pulled her closer,
"well then thank god you're only growing older"

while Kate just whined "mom that is just creepy on so many levels."

Just then Rick came downstairs, carrying a drowsy Ally, and a little bag.

"Oh aunt Avril, Rick bought a few gifts for ally. They're in that bag" Kate pointed to the bag in rick's hand.

Rick passed Ally on to her mom and dad, and also handed them the bag. Kate stole a glance at him, rather his pants, just needing to check if he was okay now.

"You really didn't have to buy her anything Rick."

"Hey, I wanted to. She's a sweet kid, and really pretty I must add"

"why thank you. And thank you for keeping Kate company while she took care of ally"

"oh, I didn't have to do much." Kate said.

"Ally clung on to him all evening"
she laughed.

"Well she made me her boyfriend... And I'd be a bad one if I didn't let her snuggle with me"
they laughed. But Jim just eyed him, and that made Rick nervous.

After the guests left, Rick didn't wait longer either. He kissed Kate goodbye on her cheek (not wanting her parents to catch them smooching), and left.

It had been one hell of an evening, but he knew one thing for sure, he wanted to go all the way with Kate. He also knew it was too early in their relationship to think of such things, but he could see his future, and Kate was a huge part of it.

Kate was not dumb; she knew exactly what that tattoo meant.

It was a white lily, with a castle behind it. A white lily is a symbol of purity.
And purity just so happens to be the meaning of the name Katherine.

She could be reading too much into it. There were more chances it was just a coincidence that he had inked that into his skin.

But something in her told her, that he marked himself with her in mind. And if that voice was right, then Kate was feeling a little over the moon right now.

She was lying in bed staring up at the ceiling, but the only thing she could picture was Rick, Rick's bare chest.

If it wasn't for her parents reaching home that minute, she would have made love to that broad expanse of skin. Ricks chest was strong, chiselled, firm, and hot. And she had dreamed of ravishing him all the time.

He may act like a kid in so many ways, but physically, he was all MAN! And it didn't hurt that he was a few years older. He was perfect for her.

It was 10.30 pm; she sent him a text "the tattoo. Explain."

After a few minutes she got a reply "okay... I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it earlier... But I just didn't know how you'd react."

"How long have you had it?"

"I got it done the day before I returned to the city."

"Where'd you get the design from?"

"It's my own. You like it?"

"I guessed as much ;) . Yea, it's... sweet."

"Sweet? You can't tell a guy his tattoo is sweet. That's like an insult"

"well then live with it. Cause I think it's sweet. And I'm not going to change my opinion just to massage your ego"

"well, you seemed to be very good at it earlier tonight on your couch"

"oh, my intention was not to massage your already swollen ego, it was to massage your..."
the three dots at the end of her message were intentional. She knew how to work a man's mind.

"Say it, I know you want to say it. You're a tease Kate, you know that?!" came his reply. And she laughed.

"Oh I know." she replied smugly.