Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Rick this better not be some sick joke or something, cause if it is, I swear I'll make you pay"

"I'm not kidding Kate." She turned around to look at him.
"I started writing at a young age. I decided to be a ghost writer because I wanted to finish my education without the extra attention, and all of what comes with being a writer."

he took her hand and led her to sit with him on the couch.

"The only people who know I am Richard Castle are my mother, for obvious reasons, my publisher Gina, and a trustee on the school/college board. And now I've told you."

He was searching her face now for some kind of reaction. She placed her glass down on the little table in front of them, and then looked over the room again.

"What are you thinking?"

She smiled.
"I think I'm in shock. I'm... Uh...I'm feeling a little overwhelmed."

He raised an eyebrow in question.

"all this time I've been reading his books, falling in love with a ghost and his way with words, and today I realize it was my closest friend behind it all"

"correction, boyfriend" he said.

She chuckled and looked down
"yea. It's as if some force in the world was trying to bring me to you"

he placed his hand on hers, on her lap and said
"I call it destiny."

He leaned in now, invading her personal space and kissed her, his lips urging hers to move with his. And they did. He pulled away an inch to whisper "you're amazing Kate" and then he continued kissing her. It didn't take long for things to get heated up.

His hands were roaming her waist and her back; her hands were around his neck, over his shoulders, fingers leisurely moving through his soft hair. They were both fully clothed, but Rick didn't want to let her go tonight without getting a feel of her soft creamy skin on his lips...

So he pulled away from her lips, despite the soft sound of a whimper of protest he heard from her for pulling away, only to start kissing down her throat. Sucking first at her pulse point, and the beautiful sound that left her lips made his blood move south so quickly...

"Rick..."
she whispered her one hand in his hair, the other clinging to the fabric of his shirt at his shoulder blades...

They heard the sound of his phone ringing. But he didn't move to take it.

"Rick... That's... That's your... phone"
her breathing was quick, and panting because of the way her heart was beating at this moment, completely working at the mercy of his lips.

He placed a soft kiss at her shoulder then and reached for his phone. It was Johanna calling. Rick quickly noticed the time, and it was pretty late. And Kate's phone must still be switched off.

He handed Kate the phone. She took it, picked it up and spoke.

"Hey mom"

Rick noticed how flustered she was. And it made him smile.
He wouldn't overdo it. He loved her and he wanted to show her, but for tonight, this was amazing.

She was nodding and saying something into the phone, but he couldn't bring himself to pay attention to what she was saying.

He was too distracted admiring her beauty, every feature... Katherine Beckett was now his girlfriend. And he couldn't be happier.

Kate had always thought she had a good control over her body. But Rick proved her wrong.

The man could make her melt in his arms with his kiss. And that's exactly what he was doing. He was sucking and kissing on her lips like she was the only woman he'd ever wanted. Like he'd been waiting all his life to kiss her.

And her heart was a puddle of joy and ecstasy right now. The way his hands roamed her waist, her back like he wanted to hold all of her, just to himself. She could feel now in his touch, he's the possessive kind.

And if her heart wasn't such a puddle of joy right now, it would have ached to think that she had flaunted another guy in front of him.
She liked that he was the possessive kind.

His lips suddenly disconnected from hers, and the sound of protest that escaped them was surprising to her too. That puddle in her was speaking.

But it wasn't disappointed for long, cause the next second, those dangerously skilled lips had touched the skin at the pulse point on her neck, and Kate felt a shiver of arousal run through her body.

She couldn't think anymore, she just wanted to feel... And so she focused on the way his lips worshiped her skin, time and again, his teeth would lightly graze over her, and then his tongue would do a swift sweep over it.

She didn't realize she had whispered his name out loud in that soft bedroom voice that she had only heard herself use in her dreams, until it was out there, for Rick to take as encouragement.

Oh the things her body was feeling right now, she needed to find some control over herself , and him. She loved the feelings he was creating in her, but one of them had to stop.

They could leave some for tomorrow, and day after, and so on. Because she was sure, this, where they are now, was just the beginning of an interesting love story.

She had just found the control in her, although it wasn't what she wanted, to softly tug his head away from her neck, but before she could, she heard the sound of his phone ringing, he was clearly too busy to notice it.

So she tried to tell him, but her words came out breathlessly and shaky, nevertheless, he slowed down on her skin, and placed a soft chaste kiss on her shoulder. He reached for his phone, and she took a deep breath, in attempt to calm her racing heart and hormones.

When she opened her eyes after exhaling out a long sigh, Rick was holding out his phone to her, she looked and saw that it was her mom.
Great.
She had forgotten to switch her phone back on, as she held the phone to her ear, she looked over to the wall clock.

It was pretty late.
"hey mom"

"Kate honey, where are you? Is everything okay"

"uhh yea mom, I'm with Rick, I'm coming home now… Don't worry... We were just talking and didn't realize how time flew by"

she could hear the smile in her mother's voice "well I hope he drops you off home"

Kate looked at Rick now with a smile on her face and said "he's a gentleman mom. He has to."

When Kate ended the call, she found Rick staring at her.

"What? You heard me, you're a gentleman, so drop me home now"

"of course, but I hate that the night ended so fast"

she kissed his nose (and not his lips for fear she may not stop if they started again) and said

"it's not like we're dying tomorrow"

he chuckled. "Come on, I'll take you home."

They were now at her front door, and she turned to him and said, "thank you, for tonight... I had a nice time..."

he smiled, that charming smile, and said "Always Kate... And for the record, I had an amazing time too. Goodnight, sweet dreams..."

she stepped closer to him,
"how about instead of wishing you sweet dreams, I give you something to dream about..."

she had stepped dangerously close to him now,

"uhh.. That could work, but what may that be?"

She got on her toes, and placed an open mouthed kiss at the sensitive skin on his throat, just under his ear, and then whispered,
"Next time, I'll take my turn to taste you" she teased.

She turned on her heels and opened the door to enter. The last thing he saw of her was that teasing smirk on her face. He always knew Kate was a tease. He never thought she would use it as a power over him.

He was standing frozen at her doorstep for a whole minute after she had closed the door. He swallowed hard, and then smiled to himself. Yup, He had the best girlfriend any guy could ask for.