Chapter 11

Chapter 11

They were on her couch again, and he had just said those 3 little words she'd wanted to hear from him, and she leaned forward, clashing her lips against his, her fingers roamed the soft dark hair on his head, and his were on her back, moving ever so lovingly.

Their lips so in sync, their tongues playing a little game now and then, and then she could feel one of his hands make their way up the side of her waist, until he reached where she wanted his hand to be... She moaned into the kiss urging him to go on...

And that's when she woke up.

It was a dream. It was just a dream... A really hot dream.

Kate sat up in bed, and laughed a little at herself. She had just dreamt of a really sexy make out session with Richard Rodgers. If only he knew how many times he had invaded her dreams these past few weeks.

As she got herself ready to start the day, she couldn't help but wonder, if they had gotten to that kiss last night, would it have turned into something as passionate as it was in her dream? The thought made her face turn red again.

And she really needed to do something to stop that.

It was lunch period now, and Kate was determined to find Rick. All day he had avoided her. Every time she saw him and waved out, he'd get nervous and walk away. When she tried calling out to him, he'd walk faster.

He was not replying to her texts or calls, and it was making her angry. He was clearly feeling embarrassed about last night, and he was trying his best not to face her. But Kate wanted to make it clear to him, that things need not be awkward between them just because they almost kissed.

Rick didn't turn up 10 minutes into lunch period, and so Kate went in search of him, and she found him in the gym alone, shooting hoops.

She walked in and as soon as he saw her, he held the ball under his arm and looked towards her.

"What the hell Rick? You've been avoiding me all day!"

"Kate, I think you know why, can we just get this over with now? I should have known you'd find me eventually"

"Get what over with?"

He turned around and shot another hoop, then dribbled the ball while walking around.

"Rick?"

"You're here to tell me we can't be friends any more right? Well just say it."

"That's not what I'm here for Rick"

He stood still, looking at her, confused. She walked up to him.

"Last night, before that phone call, we almost..."

"Almost" he repeated her last word.

She chuckled. "It's alright you know, you don't need to feel embarrassed about it...you've been avoiding me all day, and all I've been trying to tell you is its okay. We're cool Rick, there doesn't have to be any awkwardness between us."

She had taken a few steps closer to him, and he asked,

"So we're okay...? You still see me as your best friend?"

He sounded so unsure, like he really believed she wouldn't want to be with him after his attempt to kiss her last night. She was standing before him now; she put her hand on his cheek, got on her toes and slowly placed a soft lingering kiss on his cheek...

"Come on, get yourself showered and lets go have lunch" she smirked, and walked away, out of the gym doors.

And if he was seeing right, she had a very purposeful sway in her hips. Rick stood there unmoving.

Had she just kissed his cheek? Or was he just dreaming? He touched the place she had kissed him, and it was tingly.

Oh god! If he was 'confused' before, he was just plain 'clueless' now.