Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Kate tried calling Rick in the morning, she had no clue what she'd say to him, she just needed to hear him, to know he was ok, 'well, of course he's not okay stupid, he witnessed his girlfriend kissing another guy last night' a voice in her spoke.

But she was desperate to hear him, she needed to hear him. But her attempts to reach him went in vain.

He rejected her calls every single time and it made her ache. She was going to be late today, but she couldn't care less, the love of her life probably hated her right now, hell if she was in his place, she'd probably hate her too. The tears weren't going to stop flowing anytime soon.

There was a knock on her door. "Katie, honey are you ready, you're going to be late." her mom called to her.

She hastily wipes her tears, "mom, is it okay if I don't go today?"

Johanna entered her daughter's room and her heart clenched to find her daughter with red puffy eyes, evidence that she may have been weeping all night. Evidence that she had tried, but failed to hide from her mom.

Johanna was by her side in a heartbeat, and Kate wept on her shoulder.
"what is it Kate, did you and Rick have a fight?"

"yea"

" Katie, I would have asked you to tell me what happened, but I don't think you're in any state to relive it, so why don't you just tell me why you don't want to go today"

She waited for Kate to say something, but Kate remained silent.
"Whatever he's done Kate, I'm sure he's feeling bad about hurting you, he will want to see you today and..."

"No mom! No! He didn't do anything!" she yelled.

She paused, more tears making their way down her face and onto Johanna's shoulder.

"I made a huge mistake mom, I hurt him so bad, and I don't think he'll ever forgive me, he's not been answering my calls, and I don't expect him to either. I really messed up mom! I bet he doesn't want to see my face ever again"

"Kate, sweetheart, nothing is going to happen if you stay at home, and run away from this. You need to go see him, talk to him and tell him you're sorry."

"he won't listen to me mom" she sobbed

"you won't know until you try"

"and what if he doesn't what to be with me anymore, what if he breaks up with me? I won't be able to handle it mom."

she was crying so bitterly. she was so sure a break up was the only thing left to come her way. and it was all her fault.

She didn't want to think of it, to think of him telling her he'd had enough, but the scene was on replay in her head. Her imaginative mind making up scenarios in which he'd dump her, and she'd deserve it. she'd totally deserve being dumped.

Johanna couldn't help but notice how scared Kate sounded. She'd never heard her this way before; no boy had ever had this kind of control over her heart before. She reached into Kate's trinklet box beside her bed and took out that beautiful locket and chain that Rick had gifted her. Kate only ever took it off to sleep at night.

She made Kate sit up straight, put it on for her and said "he promised you an 'Always'. He'll keep that promise Kate. but are you willing to show him that you want it just as bad as he does?"

she kissed her daughter on the head and continued,
"now you can be a coward and sit here all day hiding, or you can be the brave strong girl we raised and go get your boyfriend back. Just be sure to tell him you want to be his 'Always' too."

Her mom was right, Kate had never really expressed to him how much she wanted him to be hers, for an eternity.

She had never really showed him that she wanted 'them' just as bad as he did. And after everything that had happened now, she could only begin to imagine what he must think of her, what he must think she sees 'them' as.

And it made her feel shameful. she had been a horrible girlfriend.

a small prayer in her heart, pleaded with the almighty above, to help her fix this, Them.

she needed to show him she's as invested in making this relationship work as he is, even if she's failed to show him that lately. She'l learn to be more understanding to be more loving. She'd do anything for him now, if it meant having him in her life forever and for always.

Kate had a small smile on her face. The locket around her neck right now, gave her hope. She'd apologize to him and she'd keep apologizing to him untill she can show and prove to him how much he means to her, she'd make sure he knows she's not playing him anymore. She loves him with all her being.

Kate had to hurry if she wanted to make it on time. She didn't have the chance to meet anyone cause she was late and rushing into class.

During lunch period, Kate was unsure of how to face her friends. They all saw what had happened yesterday and she wasn't sure what they're d think of her.

As she approached the table with her tray in hand, her heart was beating through her ears. She sat beside Lanie, "hey" she said to them.

They didn't seem too happy, and she wondered if they hated her too.
"Hey" they said with hardly any enthusiasm.

"Listen guys, about last night..."

"Kate, you don't need to explain it to us... " Jenny said.

"I don't? "She replied, confused.

Then Javier spoke, "we know it was the alcohol working in you last night, and not the real you"

"thanks guys, I was so worried you guys would see me differently. It was a stupid thing of me to do."

"don't worry girl, we get you. But have you spoken to Rick?"

Kate looked down at her tray; "no no, he won't pick up my calls, and I came in late today so I didn't get to see him before class either"

She looked up at them now
"did you guys see him... Where is he, why hasn't he come for lunch yet? You don't think he's skipping lunch to stay away from me don't you?" she looked at Lanie.

"So you didn't hear what happened this morning?" Lanie asked.

Kate looked around at all of them, confused and worried.

"What's wrong? Where is he?"