| 02 |

E L E N A

The Dykin forest had visitors tonight. Three lost human souls who had stumbled inside the forest were sitting around a small fire they had made to keep them warm. They seem to be hunters who had no idea where they were or else they wouldn't be laughing at the moment.

Elena watched them from the safety of the trees, cold misty wind blew through her red hair. She pulled her fur coat close to her in an attempt to keep her warm. Was it just her or was it colder than usual tonight? She blew some warm air into her hands while she watched them. She was asked to give a warm welcome to the guest by the king. And as much as she wanted to stay in the warmth of her small room, she had no choice but to follow the order. She would have already completed her task but the conversation the three men were having intrigued her.

"We have been searching for a whole day yet we have not found anything yet. Do you really think that place exists?" the gruff voice of a man questioned in impatience.

"We will find the place. My great grandfather has seen it here and he has told us that place is filled with treasure," another man says, his blue eyes were lighted with greed.

Treasure? Elena raised her eyebrow. The only thing she ever say here was barren land and the ruin of the castle where she now lived. She does not remember seeing any kind of treasure.

It was getting darker than usual. The wind had also started to pick up speed. Elena looked at the sky through the small gaps in the tree branches.

A storm is coming. Better get the job done.

She slid down the tree with a loud thud but stayed in the shadows to conceal her presence. The three men stood up in fright.

"What was that?" one man asked as they looked around frantically.

Elena stepped out of the shadows and revealed her presence. The men looked at her and relief took over them.

"It's just a girl,"

"A girl?" realization hit them as they stared at her in confusion wondering what she was doing here.

"Are you lost, little girl?" one of the men said in a soft voice.

Elena shook her head. There was no expression on her face. The men shared a look with each other and their lips curved into smirks, one that didn't settle well with Elena.

"Do you live here?"

She whispered, "you should not be here. This is a dangerous place."

They looked around the forest as well before looking at her. One of the men tried to step closer to her, "don't be afraid, little girl. We will protect you."

Elena eyed him and then the two other men. She took a step back and said, "you should run."

"Don't be afraid. We won't hurt you," the men took a step closer to her.

Elena didn't say anything thing further. She took further steps back but her eyes never left them. She raised her right hand and snapped her fingers once. The men watched her questioningly as she moved back into the shadows she had emerged from. Their expression soon contorted into horror when two lycanthropes emerged from the place.

"I had warned you," she spun around turning her back to them and walked away as the loud screams of the men filled the forest.

• • •

Wrapped in her fur cloak like a cacoon, Elena was lying on the cold floor of her bedroom if one could call it a bedroom. It was a small seven feet room made of stone. There was a small window and a wooden door with a broken lock. There was nothing in the room except for a small chest that contain Elena's  clothes.