| 37 |

"You all are putting too much pressure on this girl! She can't take it all," The healer shook her head in disappointment

"You all are putting too much pressure on this girl! She can't take it all," The healer shook her head in disappointment. Fryer was sitting beside Scarlett while holding her hand hopelessly wishing her to wake

"Of course she can take it, this has been written as her fate even before she was born," Rosetta argued, holding her head proudly. 

"What you all want to see is a queen destined to do great things. But what I see is a girl who is desperately trying to survive,"

Rosseta tasked. "She has been surviving all her life. There is a great fight waiting for her out there. She has to now prepare for that! She has to forget about her past. The whole werewolf kingdom depends on her."

"And you have to shut up!" Fryer finally snapped, "Please grandma! Let her live. She has been through enough. Don't force her anymore!"

"FRYER!" Rosetta glared at him.

"He is right," Elaric intervened and sat beside her. "I have known her for years yet I have never seen her happy for even a moment." He looked at his father pleadingly, "We just found her father, we can't lose her again."

"THAT IS HER DESTINY! YOU CAN'T DENY IT!" Rosetta warned.

"Oh cut it out, old woman!" Derek snapped at her.

"Give our alpha some break!" Clara joined her brother. 

"For the first time in my life, I agree with the twins," Haize confessed. The three walked ahead and stood in front of the bed Scarlett was lying on blocking the view of Rosetta. One by one, they were joined by the rest of her pack members and her friends. 

Rosetta looked at them with narrow eyes. "No matter how much you try, what is already written can't be denied!"

"We will think about that when it actually happens," The king finally spoke. "Let my daughter enjoy some happiness in her life."

Rosetta looked at him for a moment and finally nodded her head. "If that is what you all want. Just remember that fate can never be denied."

Scarlett groaned catching everyone's attention. Everyone looked at her as she slowly opened her eyes. She slowly sat back with the help of Fryer and Elaric. Scarlett looked around at everyone in confusion.

"Am I dead?" She asked out of nowhere.

"Do you want to know if we all died together with you?" Derek asked in sarcasm.

Scarlett shook her head and scratched her head. "I had the wildest dream of my life just now," 

"That you are the king's biological daughter and chosen queen by the moon goddess herself?" Clara butted in, "Trust me, that wasn't a dream!" 

"What are you talking about?" She looked at him confused, "But most importantly, who the hell are you? All of you?"

She looked at Fryer who was holding her hand feeling the tingles at the place he touched. "You are...?"

"I am Fryer," He looked at her feeling hurt. "Your mate."

"Since when did I had a mate?" Scarlett looked around until she found the familiar face of Elestren. "What's going on here Elestren? Where are we?" 

The healer immediately went back to Scarlett and placed her fingers on her temple. Her fingers started to glow a faint blue. After a minute, she pulled back from her and sighed. "She seemed perfectly fine to me."

Scarlett looked at their faces for a second finally settling on Fryer's before she burst out laughing. "You all should have seen your faces just now,"

"Alpha?" Derek hesitantly called out.

"Who else?" Scarlett chuckled and fell back. "It's been a while since I pulled a prank like this."

"There she goes again," Elestren muttered. "You do remember that you are twenty-six now right?"

"I'm still younger than you!" Scarlett mused. "I just heard you guys talking when you all thought I was sleeping and thought, why not." She shrugged and looked at Rosetta"I mean, I have a destiny waiting for me to be fulfilled."

"I was just stating the truth!" Rosetta said.

Scarlett glared at her and stood up. She walked up to her immediately grabbed her by her neck. 

"ELENA!" Fryer yelled at her but Scarlett didn't faze. Instead, her grip around her neck tightened making her choke.

"Tell Ciana that she can't control me anymore," Scarlett said in a low threatening voice, her bright red eyes flashing in anger. "And tell her man to hide. Because the moment I see him, I'll rip him apart!" 

With one last glare, she pushed her away. Rosetta tumbled back and fell on the floor. Scarlett glared at the council members. "Run before I kill you all!"

Instantly, the seven disappeared from the room making everyone gasp. 

"What...what is going on?" Fryer asked.

Scarlett looked at him coldly, "Don't you remember Fryer? Rosetta died with your parents years ago."

Fryer looked at her confused when a throbbing pain shot in his head. He clutched her head as the memory flashed in his mind. Fryer gasped for air as he looked at Scarlett.

"Do you still love me?" Scarlett asked him in a cold emotionless voice. "Your family died because of me after all."