| 09 |

"Is that the best you got?"  Bertron mocked the seven-year-old Elena who was breathing harshly and was barely able to stand

"Is that the best you got?"  Bertron mocked the seven-year-old Elena who was breathing harshly and was barely able to stand. Trails of blood and sweat were cascading down her body yet Berton seemed to not care at all. She has been training for three hours continuously without any rest. She could barely stand straight and keep her eyes open. 

A ten-year-old Elestren was watching for the window, her hand gripping tightly on the curtain. This was too much for Elena to endure, only she understood. No one else cared and if they somehow did, they were too good to pretend that they did not.  

"Hang in there", Elestren muttered under her breath. Just a little longer. 

"I'M TIRED!"  Elena cried, tears threatening to escape her eyes. 

"How could you be tired when all you have been doing is walk and run. I haven't even started the real training yet," Bartron growled at her. 

Elena sniffed as she tried her best to not let the tears fall. Bertron saw that and walked up to her with three long strides. He harshly grabbed her chin and made her look up at him.

"Don't you dare show any weakness!" he growled making her flinch, "You don't have any WEAKNESS!" 

Elena's lips quivered. "Father, stop! You...you are hurting me." Finally, the first strand of tears fell down. 

She still did not understand the meaning behind the word 'father'. She did not know that it was used to describe some who loved you, who cared for you and protect you. Not someone who made you hated you for being week, not someone who inflicted pain on you himself, and certainly not someone who forced you to become his weapon. 

But the young girl was too naive and she has never seen a man who actually showed love to his child. 

Bertron narrowed his eyes, his grip tightened to the extent that her jaw could easily break. "I SAID, DON'T SHOW ANY WEAKNESS!"

Elena could not endure this anymore. She just wanted her mommy...who left her too early. She wanted to join her, go to the place where she was because she was the one who made her understand that there were feeling beyond hatred, anger, and pain, that there were happiness and joy...that there was a thing called love, a feeling so great and mighty that Elena wanted to feel it again. But her mother was gone and so was the feeling of being loved. 

Anger consumed the petite body of the girl. 

Why could he not listen to her? Why could he not let her go? All she wanted was to rest a little...it was not that much to ask.