| 46 |

The whole kind felt it

The whole kind felt it. The moment she yelled, each and every werewolf felt immense pain in their heart. Everyone at the palace stopped when the sky slowly starts to turn red. It was as if the sky was bleeding, bleeding in pain. There was no sun in the sky, nor was there a moon or clouds. 

Fryer placed a hand on his heart and closed his eyes knowing exactly who's the pain he was feeling. 

Scarlett looked at Ciana with a murderous look. Sudden thunder cracked out of nowhere hitting Scarlett's body yet she didn't even flinch. 

Ciana momentarily blinked in fear before hiding that feeling. She forced a smile. "Now that's some trick you got!"

Scarlett slowly stood up and glared at Ciana, "It is no trick, Princess Silvia!"

Ciana looked at her shook at the mention of her name. "How do you know my name?" 

Scarlett showed a crystal in her hand and looked back at Ciana. "I am pretty sure you have been searching for this for years."

"Give that to me" Ciana flew forward towards her in a flash and just as she was about to grab it but Scarlett pulled her hand back.

"When the darkness falls, the sky will turn red. A queen will rise." Scarlett gave her a cold smile, "And will either bring destruction or peace to the world!"

In the blink of an eye, Scarlett grabbed her neck and flew up into the sky. "Now I'll show you what kind of destruction I can bring!"

"Let me go" Ciana screamed as she struggled against Scarlett's grip "I am your queen"

Scarlett chuckled and just like before, she flew towards the ground with Ciana facing downwards. Ciana's body hit the ground with a loud thud. 

"I have no queen!" Scarlett said while she stayed still, her hand still around her neck. "I AM THE QUEEN!"

"I deserved the throne" Ciana choked out.

"There is evil inside you," Scarlett said and tightened her grip on her neck. "You took everything from me! My life, my happiness, my family! You took my mom from me and now you took my sister from me!"

Red fire grew out of the hands of Scarlett which slowly surrounded Ciana's body. "You have been living a long unnatural life for centuries. Dark magic has been forbidden but you kept using it. This is the end of your evil life"

"N..no" Ciana cried out. She screamed and struggled but Scarlett kept her hold around her neck with the fire doing nothing to her. She only pulled back when Ciana finally stopped moving. Slowly the fire engulfed her whole body and turned her into ashes. 

"This is your end Ciana!" Scarlett whispered. 

Scarlett suddenly felt fatigued hit her body. She fell down on the ground barely able to move even a finger. Lying down, her eyes moved around looking at the dead bodies that were lying around her.

They were dead! She was dead!

"Scarlett!" She saw a pair of feet appear in front of her. She looked up to see Xavier standing there. He was holding a sleeping Aurora in his arms. Scarlett forced herself up and looked at Aurora. 

"I'm sorry," She cried out. "I'm so sorry for not being able to save them."

•☾•

Bertron looked at Fryer and stepped back before shifting in his ash brown wolf. Fryer also shifted in his and the two began to circle each other. 

He had to end this! Fryer thought. For Scarlett, for Elestren! He has to bring an end to this.

They were almost of the same size with Bertron a little bigger than Fryer. But Fryer was stronger and faster. He easily dodged all of Bertron's attacks. It was no surprise as Bertron never practiced. He always relied on others. Now everyone was gone around him and he was left alone.

Scarlett watched from a distance, watching them fight. She was now holding the sleeping Aurora in her arms. Xavier and Verena also stood beside her, watching them fight. Mike was hiding behind Verena not daring to watch.

Fryer jumped over Bertron and landed on the other side. He turned around and before Bertron could charge at him, he clawed his face. Bertron howled in pain. Fryer took the opportunity and jumped on him. Instead of killing him in the instant, he started to claw the flesh on his stomach and then his chest. He continued torturing hum until Bertron was left whimpering and had no choice but to shift back into his human form. Fryer shifted as well and grabbed his neck. 

Scarlett knew what was coming after. Fryer turned and looked towards her as if telling her that this was the end. A tear trickled down Scarlett's face when she heard the sound of bone breaking. 

This was indeed the end!

Everyone stopped fighting at the death of Bertron. Their leader was dead and there was no use of fighting anymore. Slowly, all the rouges started to run away leaving their dead comrades behind.

Scarlett looked at the bodies that were surrounding the palace ground. The blood that was covering the ground. So many people had died because of their greed for power but this was finally the end. Her past started to run in front of her eyes. So much suffering and all for this.

Fryer came by her side and interlocked their hands, "If there really is a second life after this," Scarlett said and continued, "I hope the Elestren and Jaden get their happy ending because they both deserved better than this."

Fryer did not reply. No one did as they all stared at the bodies lying around and prayed for them in their hearts because even though they fought, they were made too. They all fight for survival. They all deserved a life, one with a happy ending.