| 41 |

The whole Ashbryn pack was gathered around the fire that was lit

The whole Ashbryn pack was gathered around the fire that was lit. The flames reached high illuminating everything within meters. The whole pack was wearing all white, their hair let loose. They had all clasped their hands in front of them and had their eyes closed. 

It was the night where the moon was closest to earth hence the day of the 'white moon' ritual. The werewolves had always believed that Moon Goddess stepped down on earth on this day and walked among her creation to listen to their prayers. 

Fryer, who was standing the nearest to the fire prayed for mercy, mercy on his kind and his people. He asked for happiness for his love and he asked for the kindness of Moon Goddess. By the time he was done, he was feeling much pain remembering all the things they have been gone through. When he was done, he turned around to walk back to his office when he heard a soft melodic voice. He looked in the direction of the forest where the voice was coming from. He looked around to see if anyone else heard it but it turned out he was the only one. When the same voice called his name again, he silently followed after it. 

Maybe it was the Moon Goddess! Maybe, she heard his pray!

The more such thoughts began to form his mind, the more he increased his pace until he was running. After a moment, he found himself in front of the river, the same place where he had found his mate—whom he thought was his mate. He stopped when he saw a body lying there, just like that day. He took hesitant steps towards the body that was covered in blood. He couldn't see the face as the back was turned towards him. This was just like that day, it was as if he had time-traveled back in time to that moment. 

He slowly crouched down and turned the body to face him. A gasp left his lips. "El..ELENA?" 

Scarlett was there, Scarlett was dead, Scarlett...

He started to shake her furiously, checking her pulse yet she didn't show any sign of life. "Elena, wake up! Elena!" Tears started to fall as he kept calling her name begging her to wake up. 

A loud melodic laugh echoed around him out of nowhere. Fryer looked around not sure where the sound was coming was. 

"What an emotional man you are, Alpha Radoslav!" The voice spoke in a soft tone. 

"Who are you?" Fryer asked, "Show yourself!"

"I'm here, Right in your arms!" Fryer looked down to see an unfamiliar face laying in his arms instead of Scarlett's bloodied body, smiling at him. 

He immediately threw her off. He stood up looking around for Scarlett yet there was no blood and there was no body of his lover but only him and the unfamiliar white hair lady. Standing there in the beautiful white dress, she looked so pure like an angel yet Fryer could feel the dangerous aura that surrounded her. 

"Who the hell are you?" Fryer stood alert ready to pounce at her at any time.

"I would rather talk about important matters than these useless unless introductions,"  Ciana waved her hand. 

"What important matters?" Fryer asked her cautiously.

Ciana pointed at the side where the bloodied body of Scarlett has appeared again. Fryer instantly ran to her forgetting about everything but the body disappeared again causing Ciana to laugh.

"Don't worry, she is fine living alone in the palace but.... just for now" Ciana paused in the middle to give a little dramatic effect. 

Fryer looked at her and growled, "What do you want?"

Ciana wiped the smile off her face and coldly stared into Fryer's eyes, "Stop her unless you want her to end up in that state!" 

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" Fryer yelled. 

"Your worst nightmare," Ciana smirked and disappeared before Fryer could even touch a single hair on her body.

Fryer looked around and searching for her when the thought of Scarlett came to his mind. "Elena!" He had to make sure she was alright himself. He had to see her himself so instead of running towards his packhouse, he shifted and ran towards the direction royal palace.