| 05 |

F R Y E R

F R Y E R

The round moon was hanging low and beautiful spectrums of stars had filled the night sky. At the end of the river, a black-haired youth leaned on the side of a big rock.  He was staring at the beautiful reflection of the sky in the river however, his mind was on something else. 

Three years

That is how much time has passed yet it felt like it happened just yesterday. The memory was still raw that has ripped his heart apart. Broken with grief and guilt, he had turned into a raging monster that was impossible to tame.

Fryer still had the memory of her smile, oh the beautiful smile she showed him even when she was covered in her own blood. He still remembered her soft touch when she caressed his face. So much love he could feel in her touch, so much adoration she showed when she looked at him.

He still remembered the moment light faded away from her eyes and her smile that he had fallen in love with withered away from her face.

He still remembered the feeling of her warm blood that seeped through his cold fingers. He remembered that beautiful girl who looked more like a goddess than a human, than a werewolf could ever look. She was a queen ascended from the stars, his queen who was gone too soon.

If only he had found her earlier, if only he had got here in time, then his mate would have still been alive. She would have become his family and they would have their happily ever after but the reality was no fairytale. There was no happy ending but only misery and pain.

He called her Aashi since he didn't even know what her name was—wasn't able to find out later either because he didn't know how she got here or how she ended up in that state. All he knew was that she had washed to pack land through this river. She was a mystery to him yet that didn't stop him from loving her.

It's been three years since he searched for the answers to that gruesome death of his lover. Even if he had seen her for a small fraction of time, she was still the love of his life. That one person who would have lived her whole life with him yet here he was alone and lonely, left with nothing but a small memory of her smile.

Aashi!

That is what he named her. A beautiful name for his beautiful mate.

He could imagine how much of a beautiful life the two could have lived, if only...

He looked to his left where one of his men, his closest friend was standing.

"Alpha!" Felix bowed in respect and only stood back when Fryer gestured him to. "Another body was found outside the northern border"

Fryer sighed and got up. This was the sixth body this month, eleventh in the past two months, and eighty-seventh in the past whole year. More bodies were now appearing more frequently now yet there was no answer to where they were coming from, who were they and why were they dead.