| 15 |

Elena smiled when blueberry pancakes were placed in front of her

Elena smiled when blueberry pancakes were placed in front of her. She discreetly looked at Fryer who was talking with Jaden about some pack business and wasn't paying any attention to her. Only when she had looked away did Fryer glanced at her, a barely visible smile dancing on his lips.

Elestren was still not talking to her. In fact, she was ignoring her existence like she couldn't see her at all. Elena peeked at her through her thick lashes. Since Elestren was sitting right in front of her, a mischievous plan came to her mind. She not so discreetly kicked Elestren under the table. Startled, Elestren looked at her with narrowed eyes but Elena just pretended she didn't know anything.  A smirk was playing on her lips. With a huff, Elestren again turned back to her food when Elena once again kicked her. 

"Would you stop that?" Elestren snarled while gripping tightly on her fork. Everyone silently watched the clash between the two.

Jaden shook his head knowing where exactly this was heading. He has been hearing too much about Elena for the past weeks that he believed he knew more about Elena than his own mate.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Elena replied innocently. She casually took a huge bite of her pancake and moaned in delight. Fryer watched how Elena playfully rolled her eyes in ecstasy and noticed how the male population at the table was looking at her. A sudden feeling of anger took over him as he glared daggers at them. He didn't like the way they were looking at her. Heck, he didn't want anyone to look at her at all. 

Oblivious of what was going on around her, Elena kept her focus on her best friend. Elestren gave her one last glare and turned back to eat only to end up again getting kicked up by Elena.

"Okay, that's it! What is your problem? Can't you let me eat peacefully?"

"Nope!" Elena replied popping the 'p' and winked.

Elestren gritted her teeth. "What. do. you. want?"

"Go shopping with me," Elena replied.

"Only if you pay," Elestren said, her eyes still narrowed.

"Done!" Elena smiled and took another bite from her pancake.

Elestren finally smiled as well, "you're a bitch!"

"A proud one!" Elena winked making her chuckle. 

Amused by the turn of events, Fryer chuckled forgetting about his anger and stared at Elena. This girl was going to be the death of him and he didn't mind it at all...much to his surprise. It was only yesterday since he wanted to kick her out of his pack but now he wanted her. Ever since he had tasted her lips, he couldn't stop himself from wanting more. 

•☾•

"Thank you so much for joining us!" Elestren squealed while holding her hands with Diana and Verena.

"How could we miss the rare opportunity to visit a human territory,'" Verena replied. 

"You guys aren't going alone though," the girls turned around to find Jaden, Felix, and Fryer standing there, all ready to leave.