| 14 |

Fryer who was just on the phone with the council's head was now on his way to the guest house to talk to Elena

Fryer who was just on the phone with the council's head was now on his way to the guest house to talk to Elena. As Elestren has been staying with Jaden for the past week ever since Elena lashed out on her, Elena has been living in the guest house alone. The two haven't talked since then although Elestren did cook food three times a day for Elena and sent it to her through someone.

It was almost midnight and Fryer wasn't sure if Elena was awake yet he still went there himself to tell her the news. The council has allowed her to stay in the pack for as long as she wanted to—though she couldn't become the part of the pack. 

Just when Fryer had almost reached the house, he noticed Elena sneaking out into the forest. He had to double-check to make sure it really was her. If it was any human, he would have missed spotting her but thanks to Fryer's enhanced senses he was easily able to see her. Wondering what she was up to, he started to follow after her. 

Halfway through the way, he lost sight of her. Aggressively looking around, he walked forward when out of nowhere, a hand grabbed him and pulled him against a tree while covering his mouth. He was about to kill whoever this person was when he saw Elena's face.

"Would you look at that," Elena smirked pressing her hands on either side of him trapping him between her and the tree, "the big bad alpha finally fell for my charm and decided to follow me."

Fryer looked down at her, noticing the proximity between their faces however, he did not show any kind of reaction that would satisfy her. 

He narrowed his eyes and asked her harshly, "what are doing here?"

"Waiting for you of course," Elena gave him a seductive smile and brought her hand close to his face attempting to touch him, "though I didn't expect you would actually come."

Fryer immediately grabbed her hand pushing it away. That caused Elena to pout. His eyes moved to her lips before they went back to her eyes. He opened his mouth to speak when Elena placed her palm over it, shutting him up.

"Shh..." She whispered and pressed her body against him. "Stay quiet!" She looked past him and narrowed her eyes. 

Fryer's breath hitched.

Elena raised an eyebrow in amusement. 

I am not the only one that is affected.

She smirked but choose not to say anything. 

Fryer harshly moved her hand away and asked her, "what are you doing here?"

"Shut up, will you?" Elena glared at him and again placed her palm over his lips. She could still feel the strange sensation all over her body, however, she chose to ignore them at the moment and keep her attention on the figure that had finally appeared at a distance.

Fryer as if feeling the presence as well, quietened down and stood still. Not aware of what was happening, he placed all his attention on the girl who was standing in front of him.