| 36 |

Every person in the hall silently listened to each and every word Scarlett said as she told them about her life the moment she started to understand the world around her

Every person in the hall silently listened to each and every word Scarlett said as she told them about her life the moment she started to understand the world around her. Elestren continued for her whenever Scarlett would found it hard to talk. 

How they were brutally trained, how they were forced to kill, how they were made to fight and kill their opponent—the girls finally told the world about it. What they have been gone through, how the two stayed together protecting each other, they told them everything. Scarlett told them how she saw her mother die, how she begged them to stop, and how they laughed at her burning body, she cried out all the pain she had been holding inside her. 

Elestren told them about their escape and how Scarlett ended up in a coma for nine months after hitting her head on one of the rocks at the black sea. How the two started from scratch and started to kill those who were hurting the innocents for their own benefit and how they attained the name of Paladin assassins. Scarlett continued how they ended up in Ashbryn pack and how she formed her own pack.

By the time they were done, every person had tears in their eyes. They regretted the fact that they could have saved the queen and the two girls if only they had figured it out sooner. Each and every person felt the pain they had went through to be where they were right now. 

"I can't believe the nerve of this man to be this bold," Elaric growled, "Mom was alive all these years yet we couldn't do anything to save her."

"The queen chose that life herself," Rosetta who has been silent till now finally spoke. The council members made their way to the place where the king stood.

"What are you talking about?" Merlin asked.

"Her highness, Queen Cynthia choose that life herself. She knew that was the only way she could make sure the princess live." One of the council members said.

"By surrendering herself to that man." Another council member said.

"Wh..what do you mean?" Scarlett asked. 

"There is a prophecy bounded to you."

"When the darkness falls, the sky will turn red. A queen will rise and will either bring destruction or peace to the world!" All the council members said altogether.

Scarlett shook her head remembering how her mother would say this to her, how her mother made her memorize these lines. She couldn't bring herself to believe this.

Rosetta looked at Scarlett in pity, "Your destiny awaits for you, my queen!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Scarlett denied her words.

"A new era already began the moment you created Sverlia pack," Rosetta told her, "As you were born as a Queen chosen by the Moon Goddess herself!"

"All hail to the queen!" The council said all together and bowed down to her.

Scarlett looked around her as every person followed after them even her own father. "Stop, all of you!" She cried out.

Her eyes landed on Fryer who was bowing to her as well. She immediately ran to him and pulled him up. "At least you should stop! Please, Fryer."

"As you wish, My queen!" Fryer said not meeting her eyes. He himself was shocked at the current turn of events and was not sure how he was supposed to react. Scarlett was his mate, he had found that out just a week ago now she turned out to be his queen. 

"Please Fryer! Don't do this!" Scarlett begged, "I...I'm no queen, you know that." She grabbed his face and made him look at her, "I'm Elena, you Elena! I'm your mate. I'm just me."

Fryer saw how desperate she seemed. How broken she looked. She was desperately trying to deny reality. "Mom didn't die because of me..." She finally said it. The reason why she was unable to accept it. 

Fryer immediately took her in his arm, holding her trembling body close to his chest. "I didn't kill mom!" 

"No, you didn't. You would never do that!" Fryer whispered in her ear in an attempt to calm her down. "My Elena would never do that."

"I didn't kill mom!" Scarlett kept muttering under her breath until she finally lost consciousness and fell limp in Fryer's arms.