| 13 |

"Thank you for healing me once again!" Elena said to Astraea referring to the last time she had healed her

"Thank you for healing me once again!" Elena said to Astraea referring to the last time she had healed her. "I feel like I should take you away with me when I leave this pack," She joked.

"As if I will let you!" Elestren glared in anger, challenging Elena to say a word, "you are not leaving this pack!"

"And starve myself to death? No thanks," Elena rolled her eyes, "you know I can't adjust to this pack life."

"I don't care. You'll get used to it and I'll do something about the food problem for you,"

"How long will you do all this and that for me? And how many things can you change in a pack that has been following those things for ages?" Elena stated the truth to her. 

"I don't know! I'll do whatever I can," Elestren said in frustration.

"Is it because of the blood oath?" Elena asked narrowing her eyes, "Because if it is, I'll break it."

"Don't you even dare think about it," Elestren flared in anger. "you saved my life and my life now belongs to you. I would rather not have a mate than not have you in my life!"

A loud sound of skin hitting skin echoed in the room. Elestren placed her hand over her cheek where Elena had slapped her, "don't you ever take a mate for granted! They are a blessing and you should be thankful for having it,"

"Elena!" Jaden immediately stood up.

"Also, you are not my caretaker and neither am I a child who needs a babysitter. I can look after myself. I have been doing that way before I met you." Elena pointed at the floor while looking straight into Elestren's eyes, "This is your pack, not mine. You are a part of it, not me. So stop taking them as a joke because they are Not!"

"What about you?" Elestren asked in a whisper. "Where do you belong?"

Elena looked away not able to answer.

"You don't belong in a pack, you don't belong with humans, heck you don't even belong with rogues or with wi..." Elestren stopped before she could complete the word, the one word she was forbidden to say. "Then where do you belong?"

Elena sighed and gave a cold humorless laugh, "I guess I don't belong anywhere," with that being said, Elena pushed past everyone and left the room not stopping once as Elestren kept calling her name.

•☾•

"I feel sorry for Elena!" Jaden honestly said. He was in the Fryer's office with Felix and Diana also there.

"Because you hurt her?" Fryer snorted, "she deserved that."

"No, she didn't. It was my mistake. I wrongfully interpreted the situation," Jaden sighed. "I feel sorry because Elena doesn't have a home or family yet she has been trying so hard to pursue Elestren to stay here and let her go"

He looked at Fryer, "You should have seen her earlier. She isn't a werewolf but it looked like she knew how important mates are and how much important packs are. Those emotions she showed...they were real. It looked like she longed for a mate and pack."

"Maybe what she longed for was a family of her own," Felix interjected, "that girl is not bad alright. I saw how she protected my family that day and she didn't even know who they were. She just jumped fearlessly and fought as if she didn't care about herself."

"But she isn't your normal girl either. None of them are," Fryer said, "you saw how the two fought. You also saw the weapons the two carried with them. You also heard how she killed an alpha. Not to mention the scars Elena had on her body..."

"That only shows the two are fighters!" Fryer along with others immediately stood up when the old woman entered his office.

"Grandma!" Fryer walked to her and led her to the chair he was just seated in.

"I have been studying these two girls ever since they got here." Rosseta, who was a member of the old council, said. "each and every scar on that girl's body tell a story, telling us she is a survivor."

"Survivor of what?" Fryer asked her. He knew the council members knew every person's past, present, and future thanks to the moon sphere they had. But they couldn't tell others about it as it was the unwritten rule set by the moon goddess herself when she bestowed the moon sphere.

Rosetta smiled kindly at his grandchild. He was too aggressive for his own good but then again, she knew the reason why. Fryer didn't have to tell her for her to know what he had gone through and even Fryer knew about it.

"Just know one thing, my child. Protect the girl," Rosseta got up and walked to where Fryer was standing. She patted his shoulder, "as the girl can either save the world or destroy herself along with it."

"Who is she, grandma?" Fryer asked her one last time as she was leaving the room.

"Someone to whom we all owe," Rosseta said in a sad voice with a distant look on her face, "because we are the reason behind all the suffering she has been through."