| 22 |

Fryer was startled when Elena made an appearance the next morning

Fryer was startled when Elena made an appearance the next morning. She was wearing a summer dress, unlike the pants she usually wore. Her scars were visible but she flaunted them proudly. She glanced towards Fryer and passed him a smile. Taken aback by her sudden change of behavior, Frayer watched her as she joined the others at the table.

Elestren joined beside her and excitedly sat beside her mate.

"I was wondering if we could go on a picnic today?" Elestren asked, "Elena also said that it was a great idea seeing how rough the previous days were."

"Or we can have a barbeque party seeing we can't take the whole pack for a picnic," Diana suggested to which everyone agreed.

"Sounds like a plan," Fryer said and looked at Elena, "you can make an exception about meat for at least one day, right?"

Elena looked at him hesitantly. The barbeque was not her thing but when she was the expression on everyone's face, she gave in. "I'll...I'll try."

"Good!" Fryer clasped his hands together, "Let the preparations behind."

The rest of the day, the whole pack was filled with laughers as everyone continued with the preparation. Elena was busy with decorations while Elestren helped with the cooking. It was an activity, the whole pack was busy in. Fryer who was in his office completing the last bits of his alpha duty walked to his office window which gave the view of the pack backyard where the party was to be held. Habitually, his eyes went directly to where Elena was standing as if there was some kind of radar in his mind telling her location to him. Unknowingly, a smile made on his lips seeing her laugh.

He really had fallen for this girl and now it was time to make her his. He had made the perfect plan for tonight. He was going to ask her to become a part of his life and sure as hell was not going to get a no from her.

Later that night while everyone was enjoying the barbeque, Elena left the party discreetly. Prominent tears were evident in her eyes as her legs unconsciously led her in an unfamiliar direction. The smell of barbeque was too much for her, reminding her of the worst memory she had.

Elena soon found herself standing beside a calm river, her reflection was evident in the water. The tears finally fell down like a broken damn. She crouched down and hid her face.

"Mom!" her broken voice whispered.

"Stop!" The five years old Elena yelled, desperately trying to get out of the hold of two built men who were holding her down.

"MOM!" She yelled again, her voice breaking in the end.

"Please!" She begged for her mother's life.

"Don't hurt mommy," her voice was now a whisper.

Bright yellow flames had engulfed the body of the woman she referred to as mom. She was tied to a pole in the middle of the clearing. Dozens of people were gathered around her, no one helping but instead cheering as if this was the best thing they had seen in their life.