| 34 |

The royal healer checked the pulse of Scarlett and Fryer for one last time before turning back to everyone

The royal healer checked the pulse of Scarlett and Fryer for one last time before turning back to everyone. The two packs members were gathered in the same room along with Prince Elaric who was looking worriedly at his two friends. The council members had left long ago.

"How are they?" Elaric asked her desperately. 

His mate who recently came back to the palace after visiting her parents was by his side. Elaric had found Allina a year ago in a small pack. It was then it was decided that Elaric will ascend the throne although the news of his mate was still kept a secret. Most of the time Allina stayed away from the common sight but seeing the distress Elaric was in today, she had decided to stay by his side.

"They are fine, just energy drained." The healer replied. "The process of breaking the magic used too much energy hence they are sleeping right now."

"Sle..sleeping?" Derek looked at her bewildered. "I can't believe alpha Scar! She scared the shit out of us."

Haize once again smacked him on his head.

"It will take some time for them to wake up," The healer professionally continued seemingly unfaced by Derek. "I suggest the two back out of the championship as their body will be weak for a while."

"Of course," Elaric immediately agreed.

The healer took her leave and left the room. 

"Who would have thought that they would end up being mates," Felix whistled. 

"Then who was the girl who we all believed was Fryer's mate?" Jaden questioned.

Elestren gasped in realization. She looked at the sleeping couple in shock.

"What?" Jaden asked her.

"That can't be," She shook her head. 

"What is it?" Haize asked her. By now everyone was starting to feel worried by the expression on her face.

"Did she...did she played along with his plan?" Elestren asked herself.

"What are you talking about?" 

Elestren shook her head, her hands started to tremble in fear. "He...he was playing with her all along!" She looked at Scarlett who seemed so peaceful at the moment that Elestren broke down.

"He knew all along that they were mates. She didn't escape that day, he let her get away. He is..."

"Elestren!" Elestren stopped when she heard Scarlett's voice. She immediately ran to her and helped her sit straight.

"Bertron..he..he..." Elestren stuttered.

"I know!" Scarlett gave a weak smile, "I figured that much and I have had enough of his games."

"What are you going to do?" Elsetren asked in a low whisper, too afraid at the moment.

"Father or not, I am going to kill him myself!" Scarlett declared in anger, her eyes momentarily flashed red. 

•☾•

Scarlett stared at the sleeping figure of Fryer, her index finger tracing along with the features of his face. She smiled when she felt the tingles run through her skin. She still couldn't get used to them. 

Looking outside the window, she realized it was almost night time and she felt hungry. Fryer still hadn't woken up yet she couldn't wait for him to eat something. So she finally sat up ready to leave when a hand grabbed her wrist. Thousands of tingle ran through her making her shiver in delight.

"Why did you stop?" Fryer said in his hoarse voice and pulled Scarlett towards himself. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. 

"I'm hungry!" Scarlet complained and tried to pull away but Fryer held her tightly.

"Me too," He whispered and kissed her on her neck. 

Scarlet turned her head and narrowed her eyes at him. "I believe you and I are hungry for two very different things," 

"Trust me," Fryer finally opened his eyes and ran his hand across her thigh, "They are exactly the same thing," 

"Get off me, you baboon!" Scarlett laughed and tried to pull away when Fryer turned her over and started to tickle her. 

"Stop... stop..stoooop!"Scarlett laughed squirming in his arms. 

At that moment, Fryer's stomach growled making him stop. Scarlet looked at him in amusement.

"See! I told you we were hungry for the same thing," Fryer said causing Scarlet to burst out laughing. "I need foooddd!"