| 18 |

The warm water cascaded down her bare body as she stood still under the shower

The warm water cascaded down her bare body as she stood still under the shower. She couldn't get the combat she had with Fryer this evening out of her mind. Mostly, it was Fryer she could not stop thinking about. She liked it when their skin touched or when she touched his bare torso. She remembered the feeling of his breath on her face and the shiver it sent down her spine.

She immediately shook her head and turned off the shower shutting down her thoughts along with it. She had never felt this before for anyone else and this was scaring the shit out of her. The attraction she was feeling towards him was scaring her.

She picked up the towel and wrapped it around herself. While drying her hair with the towel she again stopped when she remembered the blush on his face. It was a lie when she said she was looking at his body just to find his weakness. She was indeed mesmerized by his beauty. Images of what he could do to her with that beautifully sculptured body ran through her mind and a sudden warm feeling arose between her legs. Her breathing shook at the thought of his body over her and she immediately groaned...in both pleasure and annoyance.

Why can't I get this man out of my mind?

She wrapped the towel around her hair as well and left the bathroom to pick her clothes from the wardrobe that she had forgotten to take before. She stopped mid-step when she saw Fryer lying on her bed looking through the book she was reading these days.

"I didn't take you as someone who likes to read," Fryer said and looked up only to have the smile slowly fade away from his face. His eyes suddenly darkened as he slowly ran them over her body. A shiver ran down Elena's spine.

Elena cursed and ran back to the bathroom locking the door after her. She watched her reflection in the mirror and cursed yet again. The towel barely covered anything, revealing even the tattoo she had below her hip.

"I'll be in the kitchen," Fryer yelled from outside.

Elena muttered strings of curses under her breath and lightly slammed her forehead on the wall. She opened the door and secretly peeked through the door and after making sure he was not in the room, she ran out and locked the door of the room. Swiftly changing into a pair of jeans and a plain shirt, not giving a care about her wet hair and bare face, she left the room and went into the kitchen with the towel in her hand. Fryer looked at her appearance and immediately looked away with a chuckle.

"You could have taken your time," He said making her blush.

"What did you came here for?" Elena snapped as she again wrapped the towel around her hair. She couldn't believe Fryer saw her in that state.

Fryer turned back and smiled at her appearance thinking she looked too cute at the moment. The blush on her face added to it. "I came to ask if you could teach me more about what you taught me in the combat."

Elena looked at him questioningly, surprised.

"Teach me about the weak points," he added, "and all the other things you know about fighting."

"What will I get in return?" She teased him.

Fryer stepped closer to her catching her off guard by their sudden proximity. He leaned down and brought his lips close to her ear. Elena's breath hitched when she felt his warm breath over her skin and the images she had imagined before flashed in her mind.

"Me all to yourself for hours," Fryer said teased her back except he didn't expect the reaction she actually gave him. Instead of a mischievous remark or a laugh full of amusement, she blushed.

"Um... let me get some papers before we start," She immediately said and pushed him away leaving the room.

He watched as she disappeared behind the door. A small smile appeared on his face. He wasn't going to lie, he liked this behavior of her. She was making him feel alive again and he was loving every part of it.

•☾•

Fryer had been staring at Elena for the past ten minutes now. He hadn't realized she had fallen asleep until he looked at her since he was too focused on the drawings she had made for him. She looked soo carefree at the moment as if she didn't have any worry about life like she was not on her guard as she usually is. At the moment, she looked like a normal human girl.

He had learned quite fast how humans, although she was not fully a human, needed sleep seeing how every night during their lessons, she would fall asleep. She wasn't getting much rest with her time spent mostly helping the pack members train at day time and helping Fryer in making strategy in the underground at night. It made Fryer realized how much of a strong person she was and just how great she was at leading. The pack slowly had started to trust her and were unknowingly depending on her. It was as if...as if she was their luna.

Fryer was startled by his thoughts. He hadn't realized he had started to look at Elena this way. Given he was attracted to her, this was the first time he thought of her as a Luna.

He carefully brought his hand near her face and caressed her cheek softly, feeling her warmth under his skin.

"Their luna!" He whispered. He slowly traced his fingers on her neck to the soft spot, the same place where a mate mark was supposed to be engraved. Elena shivered under his touch causing a smile to appear on his face.

"My luna!"

He wouldn't deny the sparks he has been feeling these days whenever their skin touched or the fact that his heart raced whenever she smiled at him. He knew he has fallen in love with this girl. He never expected to fall for someone who wasn't his mate. Yet here she was making him all giddy about her.

Fryer shook his head and got up picking Elena in his arms just like he has been doing for the past few days. Carefully, he laid her on the bed before pulling the covers over her. He stayed by her side for a while, watching her sleep, and only left when he noticed the first ray of the sun enter through the window.