The Diplomat Hotel: A Home

[A/N: please play the video for more feels about the story.]

I guess we asked for it.

It started as a harmless adventure to go ghost hunting in the infamous Diplomat Hotel in Baguio City. We learned that the building had seen its share of tragedies as it was a place where the Japanese massacred children and beheaded nuns and priests were during the World War II.

We wanted to experience it first-hand. We wanted to hear the children's cries; we wanted to have an encounter with wandering souls.

We dared each other to stay there for a week with the gates locked, and we all agreed.

We were stupid.

All seven of us entered the gates of the abandoned building. The moonlight gave its stained white walls a haunting glow.

"Are you sure about this, guys?" Thomas asked us as he held the padlock.

A part of me wanted to turn back and run but we all nodded in agreement instead.

Thomas seemed to have noticed that I was starting to get scared so he clasped my hand tighter and gave me a wink.

"Don't worry, Ara. This is going to be fun!" he whispered.

That relaxed me for a moment and he proceeded to locking the gates.

We entered the building and camped in one of its rooms. We were waiting for the noises and for a ghost to come up behind us. However, that night was an uneventful one.

×××××

"Rise and shine, everyone!" Ricci said as he shook us one by one.

"Shut up, Ricci!" Jeron said.

"Someone has to cook breakfast!" Ricci said.

"Perhaps that someone is you!" Thomas joked as he hugged me tighter.

Since no one wanted to prepare a proper meal, we settled into eating bread and canned food. That was enough to fuel us with energy for the morning when were scheduled to explore the area and dig its grounds.

×××××

Jeron led the team but it was Kim who hit the jackpot. As she dug a little deeper into her spot, her shovel hit a metal box. All four guys helped to bring it out.

"Who's going to open the Pandora's box?" Kib asked.

"Let me," Jeron said.

He opened it and we saw a creative collection of materials used for torture. One by one, he brought out the items including a pair of rusting pliers, a chainsaw, daggers, a set of needles, a whip and syringes.

And as I started to imagine how these items were used, Jeron brought out bottles of teeth, fingers, and skin soaked in some fluid.

"These are nasty, man!" Jeron said.

"I think we should put them back," I said. "This doesn't seem right."