chapter six

nov 20, 2017

"so what, you're ignoring me now?" blue eyes asks as we sit in creative writing class, his eyes focusing on my side profile, but i don't give him the satisfaction of looking over at him. deep down it is killing me, but it's for the better.

"if i tell you my name, will you stop ignoring me?" he questions, his voice laced with curiosity and hope, but still i don't give an answer.

from besides me, i hear him sigh. now it's not even deep down, on the very surface i'm extremely curious to learn his name, but that means that i'll have to talk to him which could lead to so much more and i don't want that.

so i don't.

when the bell rings, i'm right away on my feet and packing up all my things. in obvious hurry to get to my next class. besides me i can feel how blue eyes stands up too, but this time he doesn't try talking to me, instead he silently packs up his things and leaves.

when i'm turning around to walk through the rows of desks, blue eyes' back is disappearing out of the door and inside the student filled hallway. unwanted sadness and disappointment racks through my body, but i try suppressing them as i make my way to english lit.

of course blue eyes has to have more than one class in common with me.

as i take my seat at the back of the classroom, coincidentally next to his desk, i can't help but steal a quick glance in his direction. like i said before, the guy's absolutely gorgeous. too bad i have a plan i have to stick to.