chapter seventeen

dec 19, 2017

"christmas is next week, whooo," jason cheered as we walked down the hallway, towards the cafeteria for lunch, "also i can't believe it's the last week of school and then we're free for two whole weeks!"

"is the offer about me spending christmas with your family still on the table?" i shyly asked, peaking up at jason from the corner of my eye.

"yes!" jason practically yelled before quickly composing himself as a teacher gave him a stern look as she walked past us, "i talked with my dad and he's really trilled to have more people over for dinner, so you're welcomed to come join us. i also know that he's now dying to meet you," he chuckled and pushed the cafeteria door open.

"are you eating anything?" jason asked as we neared where the line was.

"uh yeah?" i answered in a question tone, looking over at him, "aren't you?"

"well..." he trailed off, slightly rocking back and forth on his heels, "i actually wanted to show you something, but if you're really hungry i can just show you after school."

"what did you want to show me?"

as i looked into his blue eyes, all i could see was how mischief spread all around the blue of his eyes, a sly smirk spreading across his lips. and before i knew it, jason's long fingers were wrapped around my wrist and he was pulling me out off the cafeteria. making our way down the hallway, jason led us towards the music room.

"are we even allowed here?" i questioned from behind as jason pulled me inside the room.

"i talked with mrs blackwell and she's cool with us being in here," nonchalantly shrugging, he made his way across the room and towards the piano. sitting down on the bench, he looked back at me and patted the free space next to him, "come here, justin."

timidly walking over to where he was, i sat down next to jason. "here," he thrusted a black — similar to mine art journal — journal in my hands, "a deals a deal."

for a solid second my brows furrowed as i stared at the black notebook in my hands before realization dawned on me, "i'm not one to ask, but are you sure? it seems like your music is just as personal to you as my art is to me."

slowly shaking his head, jason lifted the lid on the piano, revealing the black and white keys, "they're not that personal. and besides if you can show me your art, then i can let you read through my writing journal," he smiled over at me, "now if you would so kindly flip to page thirty-four."

doing as jason had asked, i flipped open the page. the words i would written at the very top of the page, below it being continues lines of lyrics. half of them having been crossed out and replaced with different lyrics.

the soft sound of the piano, pulled my attention away from the journal as i looked up at jason who was skillfully playing the instrument and softly singing out the lyrics, "i would build a doorway to the sky and hand you the keys, yeah. let you know that you're always welcome so that you never leave, oh."

remember how i said that i fell in love with jason that day at the diner? yeah well, i think i just dived right into the deep end.

"i would build the love of river wide so that it never runs dry, yeah. any time you ask me why i'm smiling, say that i'm satisfied."

jason's voice when he sings is probably the smoothest thing i have ever heard. i think that even if i hadn't known jason like i know him now, hearing him sing would've made me fall in love regardless. in fact you could see how much emotion he was putting into that song. and a part of me wished that it would never end — the song would just run on and on.

wrapping up the song, jason played few more notes before he lifted his hands and turned towards me, "so uh what do you think?" he asked softly, a light blush creeping up on his cheeks.

"that was beautiful, truly," i beamed, my fingers working on their own as they closed the journal, "you really got talent there."

"just like you got talent for drawing and painting," he smirked.

squinting my eyes at him, i let out a small chuckle, "okay, whatever you say." bumping my shoulder with his, that smile didn't leave jason's face as he turned back to the piano and began to play a different melody.

how are you supposed to make sure that everything for your suicide day is perfect when your heart does a leap anytime you think about a certain someone? deep down i hate jason for making me feel this way, but on the very surface... oh man.

on the very surface i'm floating on a cloud nine. all i want to do is scream from the rooftops about how i'm madly in love with jason mccann the boy who literally ran into me on my first day here; the boy who couldn't stop bugging me; the boy who offered to be my friend when i didn't want none; and ultimately the boy who made me fall in love with him without him realizing it.

***
my two bunnies are literally the softest people around and i don't know what to do with myself

***my two bunnies are literally the softest people around and i don't know what to do with myself

also i have some SURPRISES for the ending [mischievously smirks]

also, also i apologize for the leave of absence. i just been caught up with few other story ideas and characters.
with that i also posted chapter sixteen of boarding school, so go read that if you haven't yet

also,

i want to wish everyone happy holidays. weather you're spending them with your family, with your significant other or maybe by yourself — i hope you have an amazing christmas / hanukkah / kwanzaa!

marry and bright holidays!

best wishes and with a lots of love,
— sasha

edit: after i posted this chapter i saw that 26.01. is #12 in #jastin and i just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this story! it truly means a lot!