chapter twenty

take a shot every time jason says "justin" in this chapter

dec 26, 2017

my parents not being home for the whole winter break gave me a great advantage — meaning that i could be drunk all day, maybe throw a xanax or two in there somewhere too.

(which i actually have never done. i have never mixed drugs with alcohol.)

however that was soon derailed when jason showed up on my front porch. i was on my third bottle when the doorbell rang. of course i had forgotten all about him. then again one of the reasons why i wanted to be shit face wasted was because i wanted (at least for the time being) forget about him and those blue eyes of his that seem to pull me in whenever i looked at him.

"justin?" his deep voice called through the empty house, the front door softly clicking shut. i could hear how he kicked off his shoes, his feet quietly padding across the floor as he went in search for me. "justin?" he called out once again, but i didn't answer.

the t.v. — to which i barely was able to pay attention to — quietly spoke in the background, but still not loud enough to give away my whereabouts. lazily moving my right foot back and forth, a lazy smile settled on my lips as a small giggled escaped past them.

god, i'm so wasted.

another giggled escaped my mouth at that thought. for that split second that i had forgotten that jason was inside my house, i felt good... but then his footsteps came in my hearing range again, the doorknob for the door that led down to the basement jiggling. moments later jason's voice called down the stairs, "justin?"

yet again i didn't answer.

assuming, he took my silence for some weird answer, jason's steps became even louder and closer as he walked down the wood steps. just a simple, ten centimeter thick wall being between us.

"justin?!" jason surprised tone made me sit up and turn around, my drunken vision making me see double as i looked at him. his eyes wide with shock, i'm assuming, as he took in my surroundings. two empty alcohol bottles discarded by the end of the L shaped couch, one half empty bottle standing tall on the low coffee table. "what–"

jason's blue eyes landed back on me, if i was sober maybe i could decipher the emotion that passed his face at the sight of me... instead i was drunk to the point i was seeing two, so i turned back around and slumped back against the back of the couch, picking up the remote and flipping through channels. now if only i could properly see...

"justin," jason's tone of voice was sterner that it was just mere moments ago. my eyes lazily trailing over to look up at him as he now stood, towering over me.

"what do you want–" hiccup, "–jason?"

furrowing his brows, it seemed like jason wasn't sure what i meant or something. did i slur my words? probably... i am drunk after all.

"after you didn't pick up my calls..." he trailed off, his eyes moving over the surrounding area before they were back on me, "i wanted to see if you want to hang out..."

"well you can obviously see that i'm– that i'm busy," i snipped back in my drunken state, mastering a stern look on my face but probably failing.

"yeah, you're real busy, justin," jason cut back, the tone of his voice icy — his blue eyes now not being the only icy thing about him. "have fun," he called out being halfway across the basement, one foot already settling down on the first step of the stairs.

the padding of his feet was quick as he rushed upstairs to the main house, my heart feeling like it broke — shattered — inside of my chest as i was left alone, the alcohol seemingly seeping out of my system.

i wanted this, didn't i?

of course i did. i never wanted a friend or a relationship. so this is good. jason being disappointed in me... it's good, right?!

***
ok so not proof read
and i want to say another thank you, because 26.01. is yet again #14 in jastin! and we're really close to 1k reads! so yes, thank you to everyone who has decided to read one chapter or the whole story! ily!