chapter eighteen

ok so i just now realized that for december i was looking at the 2018 calendar. dumb me strikes again

dec 22, 2017

"class, don't forget to do your class reading over winter break! please let's not have a repeat of last year!" the english lit teacher called after everyone as people pushed their way through the open door, ready to kick of their winter break.

being smarter, i took the exit out of the class on the back of the room. it was like no one actually noticed that there's another door and that they don't have to creat a stampede to get out of the classroom. morons.

gripping the hardcover book in my palms, i turned it over, reading the summary of the whole story. due to my parents oh so proudly last night announcing that they're going off to tahiti and wouldn't be back for the whole winter break, i decided to entertain myself the way i did back when i was just a child.

now, i should probably be used to them leaving me alone for the holidays (when you're actually supposed to be with family), but weirdly i'm not. i guess that part of me that truly wants to know and feel what it's like to have your parents to love you and shit is missing that and longs for that.

but we can't have everything that we want, can we now?

and yeah, i could put a little bit more effort into actually talking with time and shit, but why should i? it's not like i'm doing something bad (well besides taking drugs, but we don't talk about that), all i want is for them to understand that art is important to me. now is that too much to ask? and besides if they cared about me they would make some sort of effort to talk to me too. it sure as hell doesn't have to be nor is it a one way street! it's a two lane road and we each have to carry the load. no ones better than the other.

so in the light of that, i took a book out from the school's library. it was one of those science fiction novels and as much as i wasn't a fan of those, this one looked rather promising.

"what are your plans for the rest of the day?" as i rounded the corner, someone's arm came crushing around my shoulders and their voice loudly ringing in my ears, making me a jump from fright. the person's laughter quickly followed, "damn, sketch, it's just me."

huffing, i brushed back my hair, "sketch?"

"yeah," jason quirked an eyeshadow, his blue eyes shining, "you know since you draw and there were a lot of sketches in your art journal..." he awkwardly trailed off.

one thing that i have came to learn is that jason mccann — despite the strong exterior and the extrovert personally, can get rather sky and awkward about things. which is rather cute, at least to me.

makes my heart skip a beat, that's for sure.

a smile tugged at the corners of my mouth as jason led the both of us out the school doors and down the few concrete steps, "so anyways, what are we doing tonight? since is so very noticeable that you've already made plans for us," i looked over at him, "and yes i'm free for the rest of the day."

"well i want to take you somewhere, but it's a suppose," jason spoke, unlocking his car when we were just two feet away. settling down in the passenger seat, i watched as jason walked around the front of the car before getting inside the drivers seat, "and you should pack an over night bag. make sure to take some food with you and some warmer clothing too, maybe a blanket or two."