chapter nine

nov 27, 2017

another monday. another school week.

as i'm rooted to a spot in the fluorescent light lit hallway, my eyes seem to have a mind of their own as they scan over each person in search for those blue eyes. much to my relief, he's nowhere to be spotted.

readjusting my backpack on my right shoulder, i began my trek towards my first period which just so happens to be ap algebra.

upon the move here, i had all my senior year classes picked out already so once the transfer happened i thankfully got assigned all the same classes. guess i can give one point to this school.

taking a seat at the end of the class room, like i've been doing in all my classes, i pulled out my text book, a pen and a notebook. a notebook that was spray painted black and on top had an intricate drawing in a silver sharpie. that's how all of my notebooks are — either spray painted (most likely black) with a drawing on top or decorated in some other way. but none of them were simple–store–brought looking.

i'm proud of each notebook that i've decorated. i'm also insanely proud of each art work that i've created, but it's not like my parents care about such things. they would rather see me in harvard getting a law degree.

"feeling better?" someone asks from besides me. lifting my head up, those darn blue eyes are staring at me, filled with concern. "you seemed quite out of it last tuesday when i saw you sitting by some lockers."

last tuesday?

what was last tuesday?

"you don't remember?" blue eyes asked, probably sensing the confusion in me.

"of course i remember," i snapped back, turning away to rummage through my backpack for my diary. flipping to last tuesday — which was the 21st of novemeber — i scanned over the page. the words 'i took drugs while i'm at school' anything but ignorable.

snapping the book — that holds all my darkest dreams and all my unnecessary opinions on things — shut, i stuffed it back inside my bag and turned towards my math things. how could i be so careless? yeah, there was the time when i snuck alcohol on school grounds but then i wasn't alone. but back then i could slip away and get out of trouble. this was testing all the limits.