2. A strange little voice

Severus's POV:

As the hat is placed on my head, I feel eyes on me. I close my own and concentrate.

Please put me with Lily. I need to be with her.

No. SLYTHERIN!

I'm shocked by the hats decision, but even more shocked when I hear a whisper in my ear.

"That's my Severus." It's the voice of a young woman. "Make me proud."

Its not my mother, that's for sure. I don't recognise this voice. I turn around to look at the speaker, but nobody is there.

I'm not even sure it was real. Probably the hat playing tricks on me.

Belle's POV:

One hour earlier...

I appear in my room, but it's not mine.

This room belongs to Severus, in this time. I become invisible, and open the door. I walk into the living room and look at the clock.

One hour until the sorting.

I apparate to Hogsmeade, and take my potions. I'm a young woman again.

I use the free floo to get to Dumbledores office. He doesn't look too surprised as the fire spits out an invisible person, but jumps a bit.

"Who's there?"

"Whoops, sorry Albus."

I take off the charm and smile at him.

"And who might you be?" He says, smiling as always.

"I've come back from the future... Twice now. The first time was to save a life, and this time I'm here to say hello, and watch an old friend grow up."

"An old dead friend?"

"Yes. Which reminds me, you're going to die as well."

"Of course I am. Now tell me, what's your name?"

"Isabelle Weasley."

"Ah, the one Hazel was talking about."

"What?! Hazel Jordan?"

"The one and only. She's come back to warn me about my death, then observe life in the past. She's currently living in Godric's Hollow."

"When did she get here?"

"She appeared to me a week ago."

"Do you know when she left our time?"

"She said you had disappeared a day before, and knew where you had gone. She also has taken some potions. Now tell me, what do you plan to do?"

"Look after Severus. Severus Snape. He's starting this year. I also want to meet his other friend, Mama Bird. She's apparently going to appear to him at the end of the year. Do you know her?"

"I cannot say that I do."

"She probably hasn't met you yet." I think for a moment. "Did Hazel give you the books?"

"Yes. I know everything. You two weren't in them."

"We asked the author not to put us in."

"Of course. Where will you stay?"

"Is it okay if I use the hideout room? It's this room that-"

"I know. It's perfectly fine. The house elves can get you food and water when you need it. Do you know where the kitchens are?"