10. Eighth year

Yay! I know you guys love dedications!

I do too.

So...

doctowhofreak123

And

Argtarc

THEY BLEW UP MY INBOX WITH OVER 200 COMMENTS AND VOTES!

*claps*

Like wow did you two team up or something because it took me ages to read everything.

Anyway, I would like to take this second to ask you lovely people once again to read Dear Diary and Wedding Crashers because my dear friends would love that.

Also my kik is TheRyanFangirl. You can talk to me on there or whatever. I want to get to know my readers. (Cue HRK eye rolling at my username choice)

Anyway, I'd better write a huge chapter or you'll strangle my face. (Is that even possible? Meh. Now it is.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time skip because I can.

"I've got O.W.L's coming up." Severus is sitting with me after class for absolutely no reason, when he really should be studying.

"Don't fail."

"I'm pretty sure I won't."

"When's the DADA?"

"In a couple of days."

"Ah. Okay. Just great."

"It's almost like you have a sixth sense for what's going to happen to me."

"Of course I do. I never said I was actually normal. How boring would that be?"

"Pretty boring."

"Now go study if you want to be a teacher."

He grumbles a bit but does what I say. I decide to pay a little visit to Hazel.

I mean, why not? She's Hazel.

She's in the owlery, socialising with the other birds. When she sees me she transforms back into her human form.

"Long time, no see."

I hug her, and she hugs me back. "I've missed you, Longtail. It's like you disappeared."

"I was with James and Sirius." She defends herself. "I was busy convincing James to take my advice."

"Speaking of James and Sirius, can you at least try and make sure they don't do anything too bad?"

She sighs. "If they want to do anything they didn't do in the books, I'll stop them. If they're planning what's going to happen, I won't try to change it."

"Thank you."

"That's what friends are for. To pick you up when you fall."

"Yeah."

"After they stop laughing."

Some things never change.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

A few days later, I'm waiting for Severus to finish his test. I hear the shuffling of paper, then the sound of teenagers getting up off chairs. I take to the air just as the doors open for everyone to come out. I follow Severus to a tree outside and sit with him, helping him with his studying.