8. Good girl

I wake up to Severus stroking my feathers.

Not creepy at all, dad.

He notices the look I'm giving him.

"What? You look cute when you're asleep as an owl."

I ruffle my feathers.

I'm going to go see Madame Pomfrey. I'll see you at lunch if I can. We can work on your mind speaking.

I fly off, letting him do whatever he does when I'm not around. First off, I let Tom know I won't be at work today. He's not too happy, but lets me go when he finds out I'm going to Hogwarts.

Next, I fly to Hogwarts because I like flying. When I get to the owlery I turn back into me and go straight to the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey looks startled to see me.

"Hello there. May I ask why you are here?"

"I've just heard of your healing skills and want to know how to heal scars."

"Who for?"

"A friend of mine. A little boy, not in school yet."

Well, that us the truth. He doesn't go back to school until September, therefore he isn't at school.

"Why didn't you bring him?"

"He's pretty shy. He fell into a particularly harsh thorn bush. He has one scar from it, but doesn't like the look of it."

"Well, I guess that's alright, as long as he gets healed."

She proceeds to teach me, and soon enough I've got the hang of it.

"Thank you." I say once I've managed to perfect the spell.

"You're welcome, dear. Come back any time if you want to learn more."

She lends me some floo powder, and I floo to Hogsmeade. From there I apparate to the park. Severus and Lily are sitting together, talking, so I turn into Snowy and fly around a bit. After a while, Lily leaves to go home and I fly down, turning back into a human when I land.

"That was smooth." Says Severus.

"I mastered that healing spell, by the way. I'll heal those scars tonight. How often does you father..."

"Three or four times a week."

"Eesh. Good thing I know how to heal stuff. Anyway, onto mind speaking."

It takes us until lunch time, but Severus can finally talk to me inside my head while he's touching my arm or something.

I get us some lunch from Hogwarts, and we eat in the park. After we're done, we have a go at mind speaking while sitting next to each other. Severus struggles a bit, but gets it ears is this time. I move further away, and he tries again. No luck. The sun is about to start setting when Severus decides we should get home.

"With luck, I'll be in bed before my father gets home." He says as we approach his house. I turn into Snowy again and land on his shoulder. His mother is making dinner, and smiles when she sees me.

"You know, Severus, a couple of nights ago I was with your owl, and I swear I heard a voice in my head. Do you ever get that?"

He keeps a straight face. "Can't say that I do."

I don't know if normal owls can do this, but I wink at Eileen. She stares at me for a moment in disbelief.

"That owl is something special." She says to herself.

"I'll set up the table." Says Severus.

I hop off his shoulder during the meal and he races away to his bedroom when he's done. Tonight, he's escaped his father.