14. Whoopsies

My new friend.

I met her at Hogwarts Choir. I decided to join, and she just happened to be the friendly face next to me. She has shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes to match. Her voice is serious competition for any singer. Her confidence radiates through the room.

She is Ivy Alex Barlow the Ravenclaw. Also another kiwi. She introduced me to her other kiwi friend, Ruby Sarah Adams. Ravenclaw.

Ruby has blonde hair, green eyes, and a personality that makes me think she could also be a Slytherin. Still, she suits every house.

Now they're part of our growing group. At this rate, we could have hundreds if not five people joining per day.

The thought makes me smile, and I turn back to Slughorn, who's teaching us what we really should have learnt last year. Thanks, Voldemort.

I mean it. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Not.

I sigh and copy down what's on the blackboard, than pack up my things so I can get out. This year is flying by, but it would be better if I was the teacher of some class somewhere.

Too bad I'm still a student.

Ivy and Ruby showed me a way to the roof a few days ago, so that's where I head to. I do my work up there, ignoring the shouts of the first years down on the grounds.

I'm such a rebel.

As I do my Divination work, my mind wanders back to Severus and Chelsea. They're obviously on about the same thing, but what? By the way they spoke, someone died.

Who died, though?

I close my eyes, hoping some answer will just pop out of thin air. Something does fly at me from the skies.

A bird.

It brushes past my face, and I scream, losing my balance. The roof isn't the best place to lose your balance. The wind rushes past my ears and my hair flies out in all directions.

I guess this is it.

I close my eyes, bracing myself for impact. I hear shouting, then everything goes black. Absolute nothingness. No feeling.

Nothing.

Is this death?

After ages of floating through limbo, I sense something. A swaying movement. Then I hear something.

It's quiet, but I think it's a voice. A voice of a woman. A man holding my hand.

It's not George. George's hand fits in mine perfectly. This one is bigger. I don't recognise this hand.

Soon enough, I can just hear what this woman is saying.

"I'm afraid she may not wake up."

I feel wetness on my hand. I want to scream at this lady, tell her I'm close. I'm coming for whoever is crying over me.

"It's impossible. She lived. She was meant to live."

"I'm sorry, sir. We're trying our best, but if she doesn't wake up soon we might put her off life support. She could be in pain. We have no way to know."

"She was supposed to live, doctor."

Then I recognise the voice. A voice filled with grief. No hope left.

"I'll leave you with her." Says the woman.

"Wake up, Belle. For me."

Severus.

I try to get in his mind, but it doesn't work.

Wait, life support?

"Belle, they're going to let you go soon. Wake up. Please."

'I'm trying!' I say in my head, frustrated. My lips move.

Severus doesn't notice. I feel more tears. This time they're on my face. Now there's desperation in his voice.

"Please, I'm begging you. Don't leave me too."

Too?

My thoughts drift back to when I was in the same position as he was. When he died. Six words.

"Stop crying, my face is wet." I cough. "Oh, man. I can't open my eyes. There too wet. I'll wipe your eyes if you wipe mine."

"You're awake?"

More tears.

"Focus on wiping, cry later. I'm alive."

"I thought you were dead!"

"I'm serious."

I feel a hand on my face, finally wiping his tears away. My eyes refuse to open.

"Better?"

"I swear my eyes are glued shut. Give me a minute." My eyes crack open one by one. "All better."

"I thought you had died. Please don't ever fall off the roof again."

"Well I was.... How did I survive?"

"A Hufflepuff tried to stop your fall, but only succeeded in slowing you down. It was enough to save your life."

"Who?"

"Hannah Abbot."

"Ah, the girl who destroyed Nuna. Well, I'm grateful. So why was I about to be taken off life support?"

"How did you hear that?"

"I was slowly waking up."

"So you heard me pleading?"

"Yeah. I almost spoke at one point. Anyway, back to the question."

"You were in a coma. George was worried sick."

"George. I need to see him."

"Easy, now. I'll go get Madame Pomfrey."

"Where are we?"

"Hideout Room. You'll be fine."

He leaves me there, and I stare at the ceiling. Back to the mystery.

____________________________________

That one wasn't too long.

I didn't kill Belle! It was just so you could see how close Severus could come to telling her.

Telling her what, you say?

You'll find out.

QOTC: if you had a dog, what would you name it? (If you already do, comment it's name.)

One of mine is called Muffin ^-^

Also thanks for 1k reads on this! I also have 24k on SS!

Nearly at 25!

Please vomment and make my day!

~Ericano