13. Christmas yet again

Back in the common room, everybody else is talking excitedly about what happened. It turns out we were all asleep for about the same amount of time. Hermione suddenly sits up.

"I should contact my parents!"

My eyes widen. "Oh my Merlin! I have to go too!" I avoid saying anything that hints Severus is still alive.

I run through the corridors, not caring that I'm not even supposed to be out this late. I try apparating inside but it doesn't work. I guess someone put a charm on the room. I apparate to the corridor that the entrance is in and close my eyes, concentrating on the door. It appears on the wall.

"Severus? Sirius? Let me in!"

"I'm coming." Says the voice of Sirius. Hazel appears beside me with a pop.

"Apparating into there doesn't work." She says.

"Hi, Hazel. I think someone put a charm on the room."

"Nobody else knows it exists. Who could it be?"

"I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure it out."

Sirius opens the door.

"I put the charm on just in case."

"Being careful? Who are you and what have you done with Sirius Black?" Jokes Hazel, laughing as she steps in. I follow her, and she sits down with Sirius while I make my way to the other bed where Severus is sitting.

"Nearly Christmas." I say. "What do you want?"

"Company. Something to read. Anything to keep me busy, really."

"So Doctor Who."

"What?"

"Let me introduce you to an old friend of mine, the Doctor and his Tardis." I wave my hand and a TV appears, and starts playing from the start of the ninth doctor. Severus watches intently, and Sirius joins him.

I guess we just sorted out the boredom problem. It'll take them ages to watch every episode.

Hazel and I high five, and watch as well.

Before we know it, we've spent an hour and a half in front of the TV. At the end of the episode, I turn the TV off.

"Bed time. We should get back to the dorms. See you later!"

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

Christmas Day comes around and I hand over my presents to everyone first thing.

For Hazel, a book on learning the Double Bass because I know she wants it.

For Sydney, Deathly Hallows earrings.

I give Hermione an infinity necklace, and Harry gets a snitch. I whisper something in his ear, and he grins.

"Perfect. I knew I could ask you for advice. She's going to love it."

I smirk and hand Ron some tickets to watch the Chudley Cannons, and I give Emma-Leigh the Tales of Beadle the Bard. Chelsea has been asking for owl food, so that's what I give her, though I don't know why.

"Is this for a certain owl?" I ask casually, since Harry is here.

"Yes."

"How did you do it?"

She tenses up. "I'm not allowed to tell you."

"Why not?"

She avoids eye contact. "Just don't ask again. Please. It's hard enough without you asking as well. I still can't get over it."