15. All actions have consequences

Once I'm out of the hideout room, I just make up a lie to explain where I was.

Because apparently St Mungoes isn't good enough for everyone.

I was 'asleep' for two months. Two whole months. I stay up all night for the next month, catching up with schoolwork. I don't want to repeat another year. I spend a lot of my time with Chelsea and Severus, trying to get the secret out of them.

They notice, and it's like a new invisible wall has just been put up. They filter everything they say.

I stay up late at night, thinking about it. I can't help but think about it. I can't let it go. One morning, Chelsea spots my lack of sleep. She enters my mind. I taught her how.

Don't dwell on it.

I can't forget. Please, Chelsea.

No.

Please?

No way. If I tell you, your dad will kill me. No, it's not happening.

Alrighty, then.

I turn my attention back to our lesson, but not for long. History of Magic is too boring. I fall asleep, dreaming of broomsticks and green owls. And a really, really long letter. These images flash through my mind, never stopping. Never making sense.

Hazel shakes me awake, and we depart to the safety of the hideout room. We study in there for a change. Severus keeps shaking his head at my potions essay, and in the end starts giving me tips.

The end of the year comes quicker than expected. I'm surprised at first, then sad.

I'll be leaving this beautiful castle. Just before I leave, I hand my application form to McGonagall, she looks at it with interest, before dismissing me with a cheerful wave.

Skip forward a bit

One day when I'm working in WWW in the summer holidays a year after the battle, I get a phone call on my mobile. Olivia's name flashes on my screen, and I answer quickly. 

"Guess what?!" She sounds super excited.

"What's up?"

"Well, I'd show you a picture but phones with pictures haven't been invented yet."

"I forgot to ask, but you're Harry's age. You obviously came back after we did, so you would have been an adult. How did you become a kid again?"

"Anti-ageing potions. Anyway, I found out what the ring does."

I smirk. "Go ahead. Surprise me."

"It glows. When I'm with Draco it glows, Belle."

"Which means...?" I have a huge grin plastered onto my face. 

"It's obvious. I did some research and there's only one thing it could be."

"You've got it."

"How much did it cost, though?" 

"Enough."

"That's not all though. I'll be round in five. I want to show you in person."

"I know how it works. I tried it myself and it glowed around George." 

"Not that, silly. Be ready."

"Ok." I hang up, wondering what it could be. George is casually leaning agains a door frame.

"So what did you give her?" His wedding ring glints in the sunlight, identical to the one I'm wearing. 

"It was a true love ring. It glows around the presence of your true love."