9. All about those books

Wake up.

What?

You fell asleep. Someone nearly tripped over you.

I jerk up.

Double what?

At least try to stay awake.

I already know this stuff! I used to teach this!

Well, you need to stay awake if you're going to tag along. Now come on, I have charms.

We walk out of the potions room, (yes, potions) and I get another flashback...

"Good day, Miss..."

"Snape, I guess. Might as well use the name freely now." I look around McGonagall's new headmistress's office. Dumbledore waves at me from his portrait. I turn my gaze back to her, and she continues. "I have received your job application for the Muggle Studies teacher. I decided to explain my decision to you, instead of sending back a letter."

I bite my lip. "Was I unsuccessful?"

"No. I've decided to appoint you as the potions teacher."

"So I get to be my father?"

"Yes. How is he?"

"Healing. He got quite a few nasty bites. Did Harry tell you about the memories?"

"No, I found the Harry Potter books on a shelf in here. I assumed you saved him, and I was right."

Dumbledore speaks up. "I'm glad you did find them, Minerva."

"Well, anybody could have found them." She says crossly. "You should have hid them better. Transfigured them, even. Anyway, back to the job."

"I'm horrible at potions."

"I think not."

"Then I'll do it."

"Just refrain from being an exact copy of your father."

"I'm not him. I'm completely normal. Actually, I'm not. I'm a muggle who went to Hogwarts. Anyway, I should prepare my things."

"You will need to set up your classroom as well."

I clap. "Decoration time!"

"You will have your father's old office. I will see you soon, Isabelle."

I get up, then pause. "That's the first time you've said my first name."

"To you it is."

I nod slowly, turning her words over in my head as I exit.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

At the end of charms, I trudge over to the Transfiguration classroom, saying goodbye to Severus.

"Hi, Minerva."

"Hello." She says, looking up from her desk. She looks like she's packing everything up. She probably is, since the last class for the day is finished.

"I'm bored. It's very hard to get bored in Hogwarts. Can I help with anything?"

"You mean you have nothing to do?"

"Absolutely nothing, and I have things from the future with me. It's hard to get bored of books. Anyway, I have just achieved the impossible."

"Well, I think I am alright. I don't know everything about the castle so I can't help you either."

"Okay, then. I guess I'll be off, then. Maybe I'll find some secret passageway or whatever."

I exit, and sit down somewhere. I've already found every single passage in the castle, and have visited every room with Hazel. We've done everything there is to be done in this place.

Now I wish we hadn't.

I sigh and trudge up to the hideout room. A while later Severus joins me.

"I don't think I told you this, but you're like a mother to me." He says shyly. I look at him, startled.

"Say what?"

"Well, you're always there to help. You never leave me when you can stay."

"Actually that last part isn't true."

"To me it is."

"Oh snap."

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

"No. Not at all. The full realisation just hit me." I smile. Somehow, I have to force it a little. I'm his daughter, for crying out loud! "You're family to me too."

He seems to notice my choice of words, but doesn't say anything about it. He knows how I will answer him.

"So you taught potions?"

"I thought I would teach muggle studies, but I was told to do potions instead." I shrug. "I was horrible at them, to be honest. My father was the opposite of me. They'd call him the Potions Master. He knew all of these shortcuts to different potions, and taught me a lot."

"Do you miss him?"

"A bit. But I have you now." So that isn't a complete lie. I do miss the older Severus a bit, but I've learnt to adjust to life without him.

"Can you give me clues on your age?"

"Noooooo." I stretch the 'o'. "I want to let you figure that out when you're older. Maybe when you have children of your own."

"I don't think I'll ever have kids. Nobody likes me."

"That's not true. Lily likes you."

"She's distancing herself from me."

When does the mudblood thing happen again? Sixth year? That's in three years.

"Well, maybe it was meant to be."

"Maybe it wasn't." He looks away. I grin inwardly. He finally likes her. "I... I think I might like her."

"There's nothing wrong with that. You going to tell her?"

"No. You never tell a girl you like her. It makes you look like an idiot."

"Wait, what?" Did he just quote AVPM?

"Well, everybody knows that."

"You just remind me of someone when you say that."

"Okay, then."

"Okay."

"Okay. What's this about, anyway?"

"Wait until you're older."

"Can't you explain it?"

"If I were to write it down, it could fill a whole book. I don't mean a short one, more like a really long one."

"Books, huh?"

"I'm all about books."

_____________________________________________

I have no inspiration.

At all.

Meh.

QOTC: do you have any requests? I could do a flashback chapter, or a marauders scene.

Please read Dear Diary by catlover2908. It's everything from Sydney's perspective.

Remus Lupin, anyone?

I'm also acting very strange at the moment.

My thoughts are weird.

Please vomment!

~Ericano