3. Hello, baby bird

Just so you know, the bold is Severus in his mind, and the italics is Belle. I'll do this whenever they mind speak.

Enjoy.

The next day, Severus leaves a spot empty beside him and I sit down.

Hello, baby bird.

Is that you?

Sure is.

Have some food.

I already ate.

Was the food good?

Yes. You're my baby bird, by the way.

I like the sound of that.

I do too.

It's time for me to be the parent. I follow him around school, flying overhead. In charms, he gets stuck. On his parchment, he writes something in the corner.

Help me.

So I enter his mind again.

Chapter twelve. Look it up in there.

Thanks.

I sigh inwardly and go back to watching him. He's so focused, it reminds me of when he read The Hunger Games.

Good times.

At the end of his classes, I try to help him with his studying but it's no use. It's been a few weeks since he's met me, and we're currently in the Slytherin common room, and he's having trouble studying.

"I can't concentrate." He says quietly.

Follow my instructions. I'll take you to my place in the castle. It's quiet there.

Does Professor Dumbledore know you're here?

Yes. We go way back. Not as far back as he is with Hazel. Turn right.

I lead him up the stairs, and make him stop in front of the entrance to the hideout room. I say the words in my head, and the door appears. The corridor is deserted, so I take off the charm.

"Welcome home, baby bird."

"What is this place?"

"I call it the hideout room. This is my home, the part Albus said I could live in while you're here."

"He knows you're looking after me?"

"Yes. The whole reason I came to Hogwarts was to watch over you."

"There's nowhere to sit. Only two beds."

I click my fingers, and the room expands. A big desk and two chairs appear. We sit down and get right to it. Once we're done, he looks around.

"So this is where you live?"

"Yes."

"Where did you live before this?"

"With my father. He was a great man."

"What happened?"

"He died. It was nice and peaceful."

"What did he look like?"

"A lot like you. Here's a photo of us." I take the locket off, and hand it to him. He stares at it in awe.

"He does. So did you. It's almost like we're family."

He doesn't know how close he is to the truth.

"Well, you're my baby bird, aren't you? We don't have to be blood relatives."

"You're right."

"Anyway, it's bed time. I'll take you back."

"I can get back by myself. Good night."

"Good night."

He turns to leave, then pauses.

"Mama Bird?"

"Yeah?"

"You're a great friend. "

"So are you."

"What do you mean?"

"One day. One day, you'll know everything. Now, off to bed."

"Okay. Good night."

"Good night."

He hugs me, before turning to leave. He flashes me a smile as he closes the door.

Who knew he was such a sweet kid? Lily's death must have hit him hard, because he definitely was never like that as an adult. Not even at home.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

Bye, Mama Bird. Will you write to me?

I don't have an owl.

Okay. I'll just have to wait. Where will you be?

I need to talk to an old friend. Her name is Hazel.

Can I meet her?

She doesn't exactly like you too much.

Why?

Because she's Hazel.

Okay. I'll see you soon, Mama Bird.

Yes, you will.

The train departs, leaving me alone. I apparate to Godric's Hollow, and look for the house Dumbledore has described. Soon, I find it. Right beside James and Lily's future house. I knock on the door, and a young blonde woman answers.

"Belle?!"

"Hazel! It's so good to see you!"

"Shush, I'm supposed to be Bathilda."

"What?"

"I'm Bathilda Bagshot."

"Wow." I laugh. "That was unexpected."

"Well, I do know Dumbledore better than anyone. I also somehow manage to stay awake in History of Magic."

"Hazel Jordan, you're always full of surprises."

She smirks. "I know. Did you see Sirius? He's the cutest little thing! Have you found out who Mama Bird is yet?"

"You're looking at her."

"I knew it! Come in, I prepared a room for you. I left it blank for you."

"You know me too well."

For the rest of the holidays, I stay with Hazel in her house, cracking jokes and remembering our crazy journey together. It's like being reunited with my other half, and I'm happy.

_________________________________________________

This line ^ is never the same size as the other ones.

Ever.

I'm so happy to have Hazel back.

QOTC: do you know who Tove Lo is?

I do, I'm listening to her songs right now.

Please vomment!

~Ericano